1959RR Platinum Edition Released

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got number 19 today. I've only played it for about a half hour or so now but it's what I expected and more. It started to make me miss my old jcm 800, but then I flipped the 3rd gain switch and that feeling was gone!! This thing is already amazing and I can't wait to play it more. But alas kids work and the flu have me calling it a night... For now!!

Well aside from the two donors I am still waiting for (due to unforeseen circumstances on the customers end), they have all shipped and arrived.

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed them and there will be more where this came from.

Jaded Faith said:
Well aside from the two donors I am still waiting for (due to unforeseen circumstances on the customers end), they have all shipped and arrived.

I didn't have a pony in this race, but this is some good news for some other people that will remain nameless. :D

Jaded Faith said:

Curious what this means. I know the Platinum was a limited edition and you said the 3rd gan stage was a lot of work, hence the reason it wasn't going to be a regular production mod. So are you elluding to new mods coming soon, more limited edition mods, or regular production of the 1959RR Platinum?

speed2dirt said:
Jaded Faith said:

Curious what this means. I know the Platinum was a limited edition and you said the 3rd gan stage was a lot of work, hence the reason it wasn't going to be a regular production mod. So are you eluding to new mods coming soon, more limited edition mods, or regular production of the 1959RR Platinum?
A couple of things:

- The 3rd gain stage concept lives on in both the XTC and the KH-23. Those designs (variations on it) were where I originally used it and still do to this day.

- There will be a few new mods coming in the next few months. Some current models will be discontinued and replaced.

- The 1959RR Platinum was a limited run and shall stay that way. I have received MANY inquiries to make "just one more", but I would never dilute the value a limited edition.

- As milestones are reached and the situation warrants, there will be other Platinum releases. I would say expect at least one a year, maybe two.

JF 1959 RR Platinum #26 will be performing this St. Patrick's day, Live in Hollywood, CA!
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15190

PS just listed RM100 and bunch of mods in classifieds
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15346

JF 1959 RR Platinum #26 will be performing this St. Patrick's day

I have received MANY inquiries to make "just one more", but I would never dilute the value a limited edition.

From the JF website and earlier in the thread:
The 1959RR Platinum Edition was a huge success and all 25 are officially spoken for!

Would you mind clarifying this discrepancy, good sir? :wink:

Jgalvs said:
JF 1959 RR Platinum #26 will be performing this St. Patrick's day

I have received MANY inquiries to make "just one more", but I would never dilute the value a limited edition.

From the JF website and earlier in the thread:
The 1959RR Platinum Edition was a huge success and all 25 are officially spoken for!

Would you mind clarifying this discrepancy, good sir? :wink:

Sure thing. The very first Platinum Edition went to Michael Wagener and lives in his studio. You can see the pic on my website. His had a white plate based on the standard 1959RR look.

The next 25 went up for sale to the public. These all came with Certs of Authenticity and were numbered according to the order they were paid for.

Then the 27th one lives happily in my personal gigging amp. This module is also the original prototype/lab rat for the design.

So there you have it: The Frankenstein, the Original and the 25 for the general public bringing it to a grand total of 27.

Just having a go at ya, Rob, I have heard nothing but respect and definitely reciprocate that. :)

To the next run of platinums! (can we start up a vote? :lol:)

Still havent stopped jammin on mine- it has a permanent spot in my rotation, pure Marshall magic and TONS of versatility. Lucky I got one of the few....

Jgalvs said:
Just having a go at ya, Rob, I have heard nothing but respect and definitely reciprocate that. :)

To the next run of platinums! (can we start up a vote? :lol:)
No worries at all, it was certainly a valid point to be clarified.

I think a vote might be quite fun next time around.

I've been meaning to go pick up something for recording (a SM57+X2U probably). I actually left the house last week to do just that but ended up coming home with a lefty Highway One Strat instead.

I've been spending the bulk of my time since jamming out on the cleaner end of the '59RR spectrum and it just sounds fantastic.

This was very inconsiderate to us by you :p I would love to hear some clips, too!

ncsouthpaw said:
I've been meaning to go pick up something for recording (a SM57+X2U probably). I actually left the house last week to do just that but ended up coming home with a lefty Highway One Strat instead.

My strat is guitar I always go back to. My current one is a 2000 MIA black with EMG Gilmour pickups. They are great pups that can do a lot of tones. I prefer the LP with p90 or hum buckers with the 1959 for the thickness. But with the gain and highs turned down the strat sounds good. Funny thing is the strat sounds its best through the blackface with pedals for dirt. My favorite setup is old tube driver, fuzz, delay. As far as the 59 plat goes, the options make for so much versatility. It can do almost any Marshall tone. The diode with the 3rd stage is just a brutal Marshall sound. Still musical but very aggressive. Love it. But the best tone for me so far is the jmp with the gain up high with the haze on. This will probably make me sell my previous favorite which is a Pete modded SL+ with 3 levels of tight switch.

ewrath said:
JF 1959 RR Platinum #26 will be performing this St. Patrick's day, Live in Hollywood, CA!
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15190

PS just listed RM100 and bunch of mods in classifieds
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=15346

JF 1959 RR Platinum #26 ruled the roost last Saturday - I used it as my Lead channel.

Someone please buy all that other stuff off me!