Audio clip of Egnater amp build head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samhill

Reaction score
Here's an audio clip of the amp...I'm sure you've heard the riff before..lol.
The amp settings are gain-7.5, master-1.5, treble-6, mids-4, bass-9, presence-7. Shure SM57 on the right side, Palmer PDI09 on the left, no FX, I pushed the right side a few ms. Randall 2x12(Celestion 70/80)..sorry my Mesa 4x12's with V30 are in the trailer. Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus with EMG 85 and SPC. Guitar-Cable-Amp.
www.thesamhillband.com/eg57pdi9mark.mp3

Here's a solo added...it's a throw together sorry about the playing and mix...just an idea(a little delay added)
www.thesamhillband.com/egnatersolo.mp3

Mark
www.thesamhillband.com

Mark
www.thesamhillband.com

Mark,I can't get enough of that sound that amp produces,I see a plane ride in my future.....................

Hey John that is EG3/4 territory don't know about the SL2 but would love to have one from the clips I've heard,but to get that hands on build thing and some of Egnater Mojo under your belt would be very cool,Oh ya the playing helps tremendous,LOL 8)

Mark,

That sounds fantastic! Would you mind soloing just the SM57 track and posting that? Id really like to hear this as raw as possible!

Great playing BTW!

-Matt

EWSEthan said:
Mark,

That sounds fantastic! Would you mind soloing just the SM57 track and posting that? Id really like to hear this as raw as possible!

Great playing BTW!

-Matt

I can do that for you.

Ballsy and punchy. Man, that sounds great. Thanks again for taking the time to put up the bone dry clip, Mark.

Those of you with EG3/4 modules!!! Is this what it sounds like?

-Matt

I pushed the gain up to about 9:00 on the EG3 last night and whahlah,I thought I could get it pretty close with a few tweaks, but still,those clips sound fantastic!!!!!!!!!

jmgman70, is that with the single channel module or dual? and is that gain to 9 (out of 10) or 9oclock? if it's 9oclock then the eg3 must have a hellish amount of gain.

Sorry about the confusion,I turned it up to about 3oclock 8 or 9 on the level and it is a dual eg3/4 but the eg3 side sounds thicker with the gain up,the eg4 sounds great,I think the more gain makes it sound boosted with alittle more highs in it but still compliments the 3 side for solos very nice.But the cranked EG/3 side is one that just has all the mojo.JMO

Have one lucky spot open for the July 14/15th seminar. No others scheduled in the near future but we plan to start back up in mid September. Last chance for now.

email [email protected] for info
or visit egnater.com

Seems the interest may be there to do an amp build seminar at Tom Anderson Guitars!!! We would love to do this but....we really need to know very soon, on a scale of 1 to 10 ( being least likely to attend), how serious everyone is about attending. It would be sometime in November (no date yet). This is kind of a big deal for us to "take it on the road" so we need to know how many of you can really make it. Cost for the TAG class is
$2050.

Please email [email protected] or visit egnater.com for info.