• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hiwatt DC40 BULLDOG CUSTOM 112 Combo - $850

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampoholic

Reaction score
Amp is in like new condition. No rips, tears or even any appearent wear.

Power tubes are new JJ / Tesla EL84 / 6BQ5. The 12AT7 was replaced a year ago with a matched/balanced sections tube. Some or all (CRS) of the 12ax7's were relaced 1-2 years ago with Tung Sols New Production. Also I took the speraker out when I bought it and stored it, been using a a different one. I put the original back in to sell it, it's in great shape!

This amp is awesome! Absolutely noiseless. The clean channel has a gain control to go from cyrstal clear to a bit of grit. The gain channel is very cool too, actually has quite a bit of gain! I ran several different OD/Distortion pedals through the front of this and this amp makes ALL of them sound great! Comes with a Boss FS-6 2 button foot pedal for channel switching and loop in/out.

Email/PM me for pictures.

What Hiwatt says:
The DC-40 is a dual channel 40 watt all-tube tone machine. It?s designed for the players who wants the classic sounds of days gone by?without the classic limitations of the older amps. Not a metal amp, the DC-40 goes from shimmering clean tones to gutsy crunch. This amp sings. This amp rocks. This amp is waiting for you?

Output: 40 Watts/12 Watts Half Power
Speaker: 12? Hiwatt 100 Watts
Channels: 2 With Separate EQ and Foot Switch
Inputs: 1
Controls: Presence, Effects Loop, Master Volume, Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Channel Switch, Effects Loop Switch, Half Volume Switch, Line Out, Line Level.
Tubes: 6 12AX7, 1 12AT7, 4 EL-84

This dual-channel, 40 watt combo amp uses 4 EL-84 power tubes, 4 12AX7 pre-amp tubes, and 1 12AT7 driver tube. Channel 1 of this amp features the same tone that has made Hiwatt famous. No other amp can produce the same clear, ringing tones. Channel 2 takes that same tone, and adds more gain. The gain available in Channel 2 can take you from a classic blues bite, all the way up to crunch as only the Hiwatt can. The DC-40 Bulldog? Custom also uses two independent sets of tone controls for each channel that allow you to customize your settings. The Parallel Effects loop in the DC-40 Bulldog? Custom allows you to add effects to the Hiwatt, without changing the tone. The Effects Loop Control also allows you to adjust the effects level from wet to dry. The Effects Loop and the Channel Switch are both controlled with switches on the face or with a foot switch. The switching system of the DC-40 Bulldog? Custom is unique. It uses Memory Switching, and will remember whether or not your Effects Loop was on in the previous channel. This allows you to add effects into one channel, and not the other, without doing a pedal dance each time you switch. In addition to all of these outstanding features, we have added our Half Volume switch. The Half Volume does more than just cut the power by half. Cutting an amp?s power in half produces little decibel change. Our Half Volume switch cuts the power by significantly more. This gives you a more workable decibel cut, without affecting the amp?s tone.

Why? I'm into heavier sounds these days.

Latest posts