Need help with Lynch Box and ART X15 Foot Controller

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Napalm

Reaction score
I am trying to setup my LB with a GSP1101 and the four cable method and I have everything working except I can't get the amp to change channels with the X15.

My setup is X15 midi Out to Midi In Amp. Amp Midi/Thru to GSP 1101 MIDI IN.

The GSP1001 will change channels appropriately but the amp will not.

When I plug the three button amp footswitch in it works and so does the GSP. Everything is set to channel 1.

I have tried holding the channel select switch down for a second but that doesn't work.

I also tried plugging the X15 into the GSP and then to the AMP and same results. Anybody done this before? I know I must be missing something simple.

HMMM thats odd, i run an X15 to 2 RM100s and I have no issues.

I assume your using a 5pin with the X15 and a 7pin with the three button?

Did you try the X15 to amp by itself with out the GSP?

The only other thing I can think of is that your midi fuse could have been blown but that does not makes sense since your three button works just fine.

I modified my X15 to run all my pedals in tru-bypass, I love the X15 it has tons of extra space inside for ultimate mods, I know a few fellas who built there tru-bypass into the midi board like a middi looper bypasser. Mine is all seperate but works great for what i need it to.

Yep, 5 pin cables. That is the only thing that is different but shouldn't matter. I did try the X15 by itself and no luck. But it will change the GSP.

When I get back to the rehearsal space I am going to try putting the X15 into the GSP then let the GSP send program changes to the amp and see if that works.

check ur midi settings on your amp. you might have to put it in omni mod. I dont know what channel the rm50 comes set on but if you do, set your gsp to send midi on that channel. Also can you press and hold the button on the mod50 to match a midi channel?

From the documentation it doesn't look like you can put the amp in OMNI mode. The ART doesn't look like you can either. I changed the setup and set the GSP to transmit program changes on channel 1 and that does not work either.

I know the amp is responding to channel 1 as I put the GSP to listen only on that channel and used the RF3 to change the channels on the GSP.

I sent Randall a message to see about getting a replacement MIDI board to try that.