Ownhammer!!! Tone of the GODS!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Daddy

Reaction score
So I bought a Torpedo CAB and loved it. Rob has a Torpedo Live and has been urging me to join the legion of the unmiced.

I got the entire Ownhammer catalog the other day, at a price that is NOTHING in comparision to other software/plugins I have bought that I don't even use... my results are HOLY KILLER CABS Batman!!!

The Ownhammer stuff makes the stock impulses in Torpedo sound like junk, and they have some good sounding cabs right out ofthe box. The focus, the fidelity, the real amps reaction and feel... WOW! The best ones in my opinion are his "Mix" series impulses that are slightly post processed and run through the same signal chain that acclaimed producer/enigneer Kato Khandala uses for albums that sell millions! I guess he worked directly with Kevin at Ownhammer to develop this suite of impulse responses. Regardless, they are KILLER!

I know that Ownhammers stuff works in many formats... if you're working in one of them I can't recommend highly enough that you check his stuff out and make your guitar come to life in your recordings!

Thank me later :p LOL

H

I've been looking in to this stuff half heartedly for a while now. I'm not familiar with what I.R. type files work with what or what is involved in importing them or how much they cost.
Apparently the Owenhammer I.R.s will load in to the C.A.B. just fine.
Is this just a menu selection within the C.A.B software? Select IMPORT I.R. or something simple?
How much do the Owenhammer I.R.s run?
I have to admit that for my small studio where I simply "can't" move
my cabs, this makes a lot of sense. I have to CRANK my headphone amp to be louder than my cabs so I can hear what's actually being recorded! My ears love that!
This way when I'm recording, I could simply listen to my studio monitors at a normal level and have the amps off and just use my RM4s to feed the C.A.B. The idea of getting rid of a 1-rack space preamp, 2 mics and 2 mic stands also works for me.

Hey Jace,

Yep, you can audition and download Ownhammer's IR's directly through the Torpedo Remote software that comes with your Torpedo unit, which ever one you have or are buying

It's super easy, when you have a cab you like... just save the preset in the CAB or Live and you're golden, SUPER easy

His cabinet packages are 25.00 per cab and you get a zillion different mics, positions, etc... and the Bogner and Mesa on the site right now have a Studio Pro folder which has each cab post processed by Kato Khandwala who is working with Kevin on that series for his new stuff. The Studio Pro folder is THE place to start! All the different mics and psoitions are great, but I needed something done out ofthe box due to time constraints and those did the trick!

Ask Rob, he is the one that got me hooked :p And if you talk to Kevin directly you'll see why Rob and Kevin are so close :p LOL

Let me know what you decide!

Happy hunting :)

H

What are you guys doing with your stereo set?
Just Mono Nebula panned L+R or stereo buss?

What is a good combination that you like for a general song mix?