RM50-Master volume jack

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdman3

Reaction score
Anyone know how to hook a volume pedal up to this. I read that you can adjust the master volume with a volume pedal but i haven't been able to figure out how with my Ernie ball volume pedal.

Rm50-back.jpg

I duno the manual is very clear about how to use this feature, i can't imagine why anyone would be confused...

Okay, i took a look at the schematics. It looks like the volume pedal gets inserted into the low side of the master volume pot, so the volume pedal will lift the master from ground by the value of the volume pedal setting...this does mean that people will get very different results depending on the pot value in the volume pedal.

Try this and please report back your findings. Connect the output of the volume pedal to the R50. Leave the input of the volume pedal disconnected. This will insert a variable resistor (the pedal) at the low side of the master volume pot.

Finally got around to trying this. It worked like you said. Pretty cool feature. It's nice when you get am amp and find things you like that you didn't even know when you bought it.