Upper Mids

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
It seems I'm attracted to those sweet singing upper mids. What's you're favorite module with those sweet singing upper mid tones? Fo Me, It the Salvation Shiver. I was just wondering what everyone else's favorite were???

I like my JF Brahma dialed in a little bright for those. I can get good results as well with a JF Scary but the Brahma just has some type of extra warmth to it that has kept it around longer than anything else.

I'm using a Rane MPE 28 to flip between rhythm tones and lead tones. I've got the Rane in the signal path between my guitar and my RM4.

The Rane responds to MIDI Program Change messages. I can configure 2 or more different EQ profiles and have these profiles feeding the same MTS module.

I've often found that I like a module for both rhythm and lead tones but with 2 different Bass/Mid/Treble settings. The Rane gets me there without having to have 2 of the same module in my RM4.

I see that Anthony updated his FB page today with the unveiling of the new Angel M. Modeled after the Steve Morse signature model. It is equipped with seperate lower and upper mids adjustments.

dcg8 said:
I see that Anthony updated his FB page today with the unveiling of the new Angel M. Modeled after the Steve Morse signature model. It is equipped with seperate lower and upper mids adjustments.

That sounds pretty cool.

I have a Quick Mod GT landing today. Well, USPS said out for delivery anyway. I will be putting it to the test tonight to see how it stacks up to the Brahma.

Edit: The GT has landed. Will be firing it up tonight after some basketball and beers.