• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Treadplate

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...can someone tell me the difference between a Treadplate and a Recto?
I have a Treadplate from JF and I'm looking for a donor Treadplate for another JF mod for my RM4. If the Recto is the same thing with a different name on it due to trademark than it opens up the market. Ive looked around and see that there may been some "changes" made. I'll post this in another thread so don't smash it admins. ;)

Riculus said:
I have a Treadplate from JF and I'm looking for a donor Treadplate for another JF mod for my RM4. If the Recto is the same thing with a different name on it due to trademark than it opens up the market. Ive looked around and see that there may been some "changes" made. I'll post this in another thread so don't smash it admins. ;)

If you are looking for one to do a particular mod then it shouldnt matter,key parts are changed to the modders specs for his version of the mod.They all do sound a little different though,Ive had all 3....but,like I said,if you are wanting a JF Erect for example,you can use any mid-high gain stock module for a donor,though I dont think Rob likes using the XTC for those.....the end result will be teh JF mod and that base,stock tone will be a faded memory....

Check in the mod description for the mod you want on my site for a list of acceptable donors. Most modules can work for most mods. Email me with any questions.

Rob

alowerdeep said:
Riculus said:

If you are looking for one to do a particular mod then it shouldnt matter,key parts are changed to the modders specs for his version of the mod.They all do sound a little different though,Ive had all 3....but,like I said,if you are wanting a JF Erect for example,you can use any mid-high gain stock module for a donor,though I dont think Rob likes using the XTC for those.....the end result will be teh JF mod and that base,stock tone will be a faded memory....

Thanks. I'm actually selling a JF XTC to fund this because it's a little too heavy for my liking...but still sounds awesome.

If it's the newest version pm me a price....wouldnt mind having one....

Jaded Faith said:
Check in the mod description for the mod you want on my site for a list of acceptable donors. Most modules can work for most mods. Email me with any questions.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Was leaning more toward some ala carte mods though.

Basically anything except an XTC and the clean modules will work for donors for Rob's specialty mods. He can also take a module and really make it sing with his base mod.

Just thought I'd add that I think the Treadplate replaced the Recto, pretty close to the same but some slight differences in the bottom end? Someone else might be able to chime in better on that