5 New Modules in 2010

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yeah. i'm gonna have to get one of those ultra curve and the diezel. cant wait!!!

ENGL, Orange, Diezel, and Acoustic module... I'm interested to hear all of these.
I'm with Tung Randall needs to do a Cornford module for sure... I'd take that over all the previously mentioned modules.

The acoustic module is one I'm really interested in. Is this going to be for use with an acoustic/electric (I hope)? or is it designed to more or less model an acoustic/electric?

Julia said:
The acoustic module is one I'm really interested in. Is this going to be for use with an acoustic/electric (I hope)? or is it designed to more or less model an acoustic/electric?

I think the latter

crankyrayhanky said:
Julia said:

I think the latter

Crap.

Well, I'm set on modules. I decided on a Zendrive 2 (non-tube version) and my Deluxe module for the Robben Ford sound, but maybe the TS808 will be close enough.

Julia said:
Acoustic Amps? http://www.acousticamplification.com/

If intended for an electro-acoustic I am intrigued as well. No more Ovation through G-Natural into P.A.?

Right now it's Ovation > TC Helicon Voicelive (for harmony and reverb) > FRFR Monitors for acoustic. If they had a module that was good for this it could save doubling the rig on transport.

I am stoked about the new modules coming out, especially the DZL and Curve, but I wonder what the MAP Price will be? Hopefully, it won't change too much from the current offering of modules. With some modules at $259.00 right now, if they go up in price too much more, it would seem like the modular idea would become too costly.

chop883 said:
I am stoked about the new modules coming out, especially the DZL and Curve, but I wonder what the MAP Price will be? Hopefully, it won't change too much from the current offering of modules. With some modules at $259.00 right now, if they go up in price too much more, it would seem like the modular idea would become too costly.
I was wondering about that too.....It was why I chose a Randall modular instead of the Egnater version......at $425 a pop for Egnater modules, that just seems way to costly for those of us that have/ or would like to own a bunch of different modules

Heh..try buying an Egnater module and then paying to get it modded...you're $500 in then!!! :shock:

Yep, that is kind of my point there. I have bought some pretty sweet tube amps - amp, cab, speakers, and all for that kind of money!! You can buy an Engl E530 4 channel preamp for that much, or a used Marshall JMP-1 which has like 100 midi presets and is also all tube. Don't get me wrong here, I am not nay saying. I love the MTS deal and have tons of modules. But I just hope things stay affordable with these next modules. HINT, HINT RANDALL! :D

Julia said:
crankyrayhanky said:
Julia said:

I think the latter

Crap.

Well, I'm set on modules. I decided on a Zendrive 2 (non-tube version) and my Deluxe module for the Robben Ford sound, but maybe the TS808 will be close enough.
I'd doubt it's the latter. Modelling acoustic guitar sound has so much to do with EQ and dynamics I believe most pedals to take care of this, from the pedals' standpoint, undesirable task are digital.

It would also appear pretty overpretentious by Randall trying to delve into this field of trying to make one thing sound like another - apart from making their modules sound like actual amps, that is. ;) After all: that's why they make these modules.

My guess therefore is it's the previous of the two. There are, as you know, amps dedicated to amplifying acoustic guitars in that they're tuned differently. As long as the gain factor of the module is in the neigbourhood of their other stuff it could make a pretty nice clean module, I'm sure.

Is there a release date for the new modules yet?

I'm gassing hard for the Orange module, it might just cure my desire to get a Tiny Terror as a second amp!

funkywrench said:
Is there a release date for the new modules yet?

I'm gassing hard for the Orange module, it might just cure my desire to get a Tiny Terror as a second amp!

EXACT same boat man. I was searching ebay for a combo today.

JKD said:
Heh..try buying an Egnater module and then paying to get it modded...you're $500 in then!!! :shock:

That is what I am struggling with, I have a EG5 that has not tickled my fancy, probably because of quality of the modded Randalls. So I can not decide to mod the EG5 or sell it.

rod said:
An ORANGE Module....I NEED ONE!!!!!

lolthrash said:
get onto salvation then :wink:

AMEN, the Salvation Stonerverb is super sexy!

Latest posts