Any pedal in RG100ES loop=NOIZE!?!?!?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brutalgroove

Reaction score
So, after reading so much great info on this forum about the RG100ES, I decided to experiment with some of the more tame signal chain ideas.

Such as plugging my MT-2 (and separately, my Ibanez CD10 Delay Champ) in thru the effects loop as opposed to having it hit the front end--what I get as a result is truck loads of noise (regardless of output level settings on the pedals) and no discernable input signal.

Now that ain't right. I've swapped out patch cords-nuthin. Opened her up and took the chassis out of the shell for a thorough visual-nuthin.

I'm at a loss here gang, at some point I need to have this loop doin its thing cuz I would like to drop an M-108 in there.

Any thoughts about what might be my major malfunction here?

Cheerz

Ed

I use a RGT 100ES, I also use a roland GP-8 rackmount processor. The GP-8 is noisy hell. I run the GP-8 in line and right to the input on the head. To fix all the noise I run a rocktron hush unit thru the effects loop and it fixes everything. The only thing in the loop is the hush.
I tried running the gp 8 thru the effects loop....no way! it was just as you described, not one clear note.
You can pick up a used hush unit fairly cheep.
Hope this helps.
Karl

Whoa, interesting approach - what hush unit do you use? Would the $70 pedal version be sufficient or will I require the Super C rack unit?

An aside-I very much lust after the RGT100ES', and you have 2!!! Are they everything I have imagined they probably are?

Thanks for the input!

Cheerz

Ed

I use a Rocktron hush II BX, its old but does the trick. Right now I chain it thru the two heads, hush send to effect return on head 1, effect send on head one to effect return on head 2, effect send on head 2 the the hush return. I shoud just break down and get a stereo Hush unit.
I have never used the pedal version so I could not give you a good comparision. I use all rack gear. I saw on on the Efraid site for $25.00 There are plenty of used ones out there.
AS for the RGT heads, they growl!! I put guys with Marshall heads to shame...and thats from the Marshall owners. If you ever have a chance to get one I strongly suggest doing it. Heck, I'm looking for a 3rd!!! :twisted: