BBE sonic maximizer and Diezel Tones

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I decided id give the sonic maximizer that i bought a while back one more shot in the parallel loop of my rm100, I turned the process knob down to almost zero (any higher and it makes the amp way to fizzy). But i have the bbe 882i which also has a Lo Countour knob so i started experimenting and found the JF Erect to be a bit diezelish when the lo contour is at noon or higher it really makes my Warhead cab thump like ive never heard...
-mp-
Now i just need a Salvation Benzin (would already have one but i seriously cannot wait three months for a mod.. id much rather wait a couple of months for rob to come out with his new mods.. probably the same wait time)..
-mp-

My bro had the same experience with his Peavey XXX / BBE 382 / Recto Oversized/V30s cab setup. Many say the sonic maximizer is the lazy man's EQ, and that may be true, but I do like how it sounds.

I am playing around with psuedo-stereo setups and have found the the BBE MaxCom is a cheaper used alternative to the 882i and has all the same functionality as the 882i plus compressor/limiter/gate functions if i ever wanted to record with those. It really makes my Emi Swamp Thang/Texas Heat combo sound massive.

Latest posts