Deluxe vs. Blackface

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredzilla

Reaction score
Currently own one and am considering buying the other. How similiar sounding are these modules ? Different enough to justify owning both ?

Which modules does better cleans? fat jazzy cleans? I looking to get a clean module too myself..

I've owned both. Did not like the Deluxe stock. Sent to JF to remove a lot of the gain and clean it up. The Blackface is thinner, spankier, and much less saturated. I greatly preferred the modded deluxe to the BF but ended up with Egnater BMAN and VX dualies.

I guess I didnt take much convincing. Pulled the trigger on the Deluxe module. $95 on ebay. Seems like a good deal.

warmth and clarity mod from any modder will turn your deluxe into an awesome sound blackface, but with alot of body and fullness, and not a need to crank the mids on the blackface. Stock deluxe however, is terrible, i own 2 blackface and 2 deluxe's, and they were all different sounding (year models) but the latest models really are actually decent sounding stock.