effects loop question?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djkal

Reaction score
i have my delay hook up into my serial loop,it sounds good i add a chorus to it , and the sounds seems to lower down a bit is this normal? or i need some sort of a boost?

if i use both pedal in the parallel loop sounds great. so i guess i will stick to parallel loop dont need the reverb that much anyway.

Softer? Yes. Pedals are set up for -10 dbv vs the loops being set up for +4 dbu. For optimal sound you'll need something with a -15 db pad in it.

The best units for this have a reactive transformer inside like a passive DI box like the Radial ProDI. It has a ground lift, which is something you might need. You will need an XLR Female -> 1/4" male TRS cable with this unit. This unit goes between the FX Send and your first pedal in the FX loop.

I tried the EBTech thing and hated it because it also uses an inverted phase 60 Hz hum cancellation that you cannot switch off. If you have no hum before using it, you will when it's in the circuit. This one uses instrument cables.

The Radial is more expensive, but better, IMO. YMMV. :wink:

edit: I'm an idiot.

what about the parallel loop? does this apply to it too? i unplug the reverb tank and hook my pedals and it seems like the sound is ok no softer

thanks julia

rm50 newbie.

btw Julia is there a big difference between the mr scary and the grail because i have the grail i would like to get another george signature pedal which one would you recommend me? :?

Parallel loop is also set for +4 dbu. Thing is with pedals you can clip your pedal's circuitry and its buffer circuit (if any). BTW what is your reverb tank? Also the make and model of your delay and chorus. Some can take +4 dbu. Stomp boxes typically don't.

Mr. Scary is more Marshall/Soldano tone. Grail is Mesa DR. Love Mr. Scary. Don't like Grail that much. Grail is better for rhythm tones IMO. Mr. Scary for leads. I think Grail snags Lynch's "Tooth and Nail" tone, while Mr. Scary snags the Lynch Mob stuff.

I'm using a KH-1 for clean, Brahma for vintage crunch, and Mr. Scary for lead channel. KH-1 is a very nice clean, but because it's so clean I need a compressor/limiter in the FX loop so I don't clip my multi-fx unit (Lexicon MX300), and with it I have my Fender Twin clean.

Brahma can go either rhythm or lead -- it's toned after a Marshall Super Lead. Takes overdrive pedals and treble boosters very well. Very versatile.

Mr. Scary is a lead tone somewhere between a JCM800 and Soldano SLO.

BTW what is your reverb tank?
im not sure what you mean its built in inside my rm50 it was connected to parallel loop, i have boss delay
dd3 and chorus boss ch-1,, i am working on getting a tone or a good sound but i dont have all the pedals yet let me show you how it s going to be like.

guitar>korg tuner pitchblack+>danelectro transparent overdrive 2 or boss superoverdrive sd-1>boss oc-2 octave>isp decimator> rm50

loop parallel or serial dont know yet which one to choose?if i choose the parallel connection im loosing the reverb tank which i have to disconnect.

boss equalizer ge-7>boss super chorus ch-1>mxr carbon copy delay or boss dd-3>rm50. :idea:

rm 50 newbie

If you have the RM50 combo it has it's spring reverb.

You will need that DI box and XLR/TRS cable I mentioned for optimal performance. Radial is made in Canada, too.

I'd almost want to run the EQ in front of the amp. It really should go in the Serial loop. The CH-1 level control is the pedal's mix control in that it controls the wet/dry signal mix for that effect. I think that's the way with all the Boss pedals. This allows you to set how intense the effect level for each one. So if you're going to vary the intensity of the effects or mix of the effects you should use the serial loop. I just checked the manuals on that pedal and the Randall.

Your chain should go Serial Loop Send > Radial ProDI (-15 db Pad engaged and ground lift if necessary) > boss equalizer ge-7>boss super chorus ch-1>mxr carbon copy delay or boss dd-3>rm50.

If you use the parallel loop your effects need to be set 100% wet since the effects knob on the amp controls the wet/dry mix.

I use the serial loop since my effects processor allows me to micromanage the effects wet/dry mix with more control than using the amp's effects knob.

Very interesting Julia , someone told me that is for more a acoustic guitar?
i have seen this thing from also radial seems interesting big shot pb1 i will pm u the link