• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Brand New Stock Mr Scary - SOLD!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rblyn

Reaction score
New Stock Scary in mint condition (sounds better than the 3 others I had).... Asking SOLD!- Thought it'd be gone already since these a are getting harder and harder to find...Either gonna move it to evilbay or keep it (I also have an overseas buyer I am considering) but its coming down soon either way!!...Hurry and get it while you can!

Man I've seen this custom KH ride/black album mod on here before, can you pretty please post a quick clip on youtube or something? I want to see how well it nails those tones. It seems impossible because the ride the lightning was marshall and the black album was mostly mesa.

mikegyver said:
Man I've seen this custom KH ride/black album mod on here before, can you pretty please post a quick clip on youtube or something? I want to see how well it nails those tones. It seems impossible because the ride the lightning was marshall and the black album was mostly mesa.

Yeah- you're right- Marshall and Mesa in one mod! And it does pull it off..dont know how Rob does it... I just sold it so I will be packing it up 8)

mikegyver said:
I'll send you a dollar if you just post a quick clip of the tones with your iphone/android/anything

Haha, funny man! Really, all you have to do is listen to "Creeping Death" or "RTL"...then flip over to the Black Album. That's pretty much what you hear with this mod. It is more authentic to my ears with a quad of SED EL34's but sounds monstrous when I use my normal pairing of SED EL34's with GT KT88's on the outside. Its a very cool mod...My cover project isnt doing any Metallica any more and Im on the hunt for some other mods or I'd be keeping it- I would say order one from Rob, you wouldnt be disappointed!

FWIW- I am having second thoughts on the Mr Scary (because everytime I sell one, I wind up buying another!) ...Also seeing them on the "bay" for a bit more than this...Someone wanna grab this before I change my mind? :D

Hopefully it sounds killer with JJ EL34s. My Scott Ian head now has Anthrax and Metallica. Just need to get the JF Beast mod to round our the thrash titans. And of course, I have the Pantera tone to bring that thrash into the 90s with full force. :D

I am looking forward to comparing this with the JF Mark X. The Mark X gets AJFA really well, in my opinion, so we'll see how similar they are.

This guy is looking for a stock Scary over on Rig-Talk. Sell it to him before I buy yours.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=152462

eyeball987 said:
This guy is looking for a stock Scary over on Rig-Talk. Sell it to him before I buy yours.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=152462

He may have changed it but it says he's looking for a stock Grail now?

I can still ping him...I dont use that board much but I do have an id- Ill send him a message and see....but if you want it...its yours!

Thanks

Lol, that's me on RT folks. And I was always looking for a Grail.
The thought did cross my mind to try this Scary but I am pretty sure I have Marshall covered in spades.

nitrous12 said:
Lol, that's me on RT folks. And I was always looking for a Grail.
The thought did cross my mind to try this Scary but I am pretty sure I have Marshall covered in spades.[/quote

Ok then...yeah I just sent you a message over there...Disregard it! lol