FAST BLO 250mA (1/4 amp) Fuses

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Where can i get FAST BLO 250mA (1/4 amp) fuses is it something that radioshack carries im changing the tubes in an rm100 that blew a tube and i want to be ready to change the fuse if neccessary.
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
Where can i get FAST BLO 250mA (1/4 amp) fuses is it something that radioshack carries im changing the tubes in an rm100 that blew a tube and i want to be ready to change the fuse if neccessary.
-mp-
Here is where i get my fuses and even tubes when the price is right.

http://tubedepot.com/fuses.html

If i remember correctly, the value on the back (250mA) is too low. I'm using the 500mA with no problem but i think some members recommend 315mA instead. Someone else will have to verify this. You want the 5x20mm fast acting fuses.

Yup, you could start with Radio Shack. They carry fuses, but I don't know for sure if they have this specific value.

Ok now i am very confused i just looked at the back of the RM100 sitting on top of my half stack it says it has 400mah fast blo fuses... the manual says 250msh fast blo fuses and someone recommended and i ended up ordering 315mah fast blo fuses ....
does anyone know the answer im inclined to believe the back of the rm100
-mp-

I believe Randall originally specified 250ma, but later changed to 400ma. I recall Bruce posting that you could use 400ma, as well.

The 315ma fuses you have on order should be fine. But if they do blow, try 400ma.

tuna141 said:
I believe Randall originally specified 250ma, but later changed to 400ma. I recall Bruce posting that you could use 400ma, as well.

This. Bruce has verified the change.

There was a big thread about this before. Bruce says that EL34s tend to blow the 250s and recommended 400s to be the choice. I bought some 315s at Radio Shack because they didnt have 400s and I dont have any issues with them and I prefer 34s and 6CA7s.
Seems there is not an issue with using the lower rated fuses in RM20s and 22s. For obvious reasons. :wink: