fx loop volume pedal tone suck

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Ok, last night I had a vai little alligator (active) volume pedal going into a Boss DD-20 (set to +4db) going through my series loop.

It sucked the tone like a vampire. Lost gain, high end... thinned out my tone something fierce. Put the DD-20 into the parallel loop, cranked the amount of delay on the boss to 100% wet, then dialled in fx from front panel to taste. Problem sorta solved.

However, I really like having a volume pedal in the fx loop! Anyone use anything that worked or have any ideas? Very frustrating. I'm considering using my EbTech line level shifter tonight at the gig (with volume pedal only, and in the series loop) and seeing how that goes... anyone run the parallel AND series loops at the same time? I also have a 250k Ernie Ball volume pedal I may try with the Eb also.

Pete

used a EB volume (500k i think) through the series loop and it seemed to work fine with no problems. the other guitarist in my band uses the little alligater as well but i think its in front of the amp which im not a fan of

Yea Pete, I'm guessing there is something in the circuitry of the Morley that is not exactly neutral (obviously). The Ernie Ball VP's are really just a passive volume pot just like you'd find in the guitar. I would guess that's the difference. I'll try my VP JR in the loop and see what it does.

I gave up on it for now, and dialled in an ultra for leads with a bit of volume gain and a 1086 for rhythms... and an xtc for clean with volume rolled back and gain on the module at about 1/2. Worked pretty well!

Pete