Guitar shopping advice needed

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harsh

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm coming to the US next month, mainly aiming to buy some gear. The guitar I'm most interested in is an ESP M-1000 or something similar (Reverse headstock, EMG's etc). I'll be in the NY/CT area. I'm planning on checking out Sam Ash and Guitar Centre. Is there any other dealer/shop that I should look at? Also, what are the best places to buy used guitars?

I'll only be there for a week so I wont have time to trawl through Craigslist etc for deals.

Any suggestions?

give me a call..I Pm'd my phone number to you..I am very well aquanted with the SHops in the NY,NJ,Conn area..feel free to call me and get some info.
If I cant pickup..leave a message.
GtrGeorge

Thanks George, but I just got back from there. Ended up buying from Sam Ash. Appreciate the thought, though!

Yeah I have personally been asked to leave their Manhattan store. (!!!!). Its a funny story,in hindsight, (the bottom line is: their staff can be mega-rude).
But with these stores..they all basically think they RULE the known world...which they dont. You just have to deal with the clowns and find those rare cool instruments and RESCUE them from these stores.
Its how I feel about these places.
George