is anyone using OD Pedals

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbjonz

Reaction score
I am looking for a OD pedal that will sound great with my Marshall base modules...Brahma,Mr Scary...for a Kick

I know Lynch uses the Cusack Screamer...anyone else here??? or any other??

Cheers

For a strict OD pedal I'm using the Ibanez TS808, usually. It does the job. Right now I'm playing around with a boutique germanium fuzz pedal into a 5150 crunch channel (my LB is awaiting tubes that are on backorder). The fuzz is a Skreddy Screwdriver and with the mosfet turned off and the transistor clipping dimed on it, it sounds sick. A pinch squeal will actually breakup and stutter if you've palm muted the low string first.

Julia said:
The fuzz is a Skreddy Screwdriver and with the mosfet turned off and the transistor clipping dimed on it, it sounds sick. A pinch squeal will actually breakup and stutter if you've palm muted the low string first.
I'm so bummed that Skreddy stopped making the Zero. That's got to be the sweetest distortion pedal I've ever heard.

I use a Rat and a SD-1 with a 5 star germanium mod. The Rat gets a huge fat tone. The SD-1 is very warm and tight.

A company called Subdecay used to make a pedal called the Stupid Box. It was created in order to push a tube amp. It's like a tube screamer except there's no midrange hump.

If you can find one, I'd suggest taking it for a spin. Excellent workmanship.

Fulltone OCD for everything. I've used Tube screamers but that pedal is so versatile. I personally like to use it with a cleaner channel and crank it up. If you use it with a high gain module just lower the gain otherwise its Inngoddadavida time.

Keeley modded TS-9DX(4x2) and a Barber Direct Drive. Like em both for different things. Use em more with my Plexi module and I think they both kill!!!

I received my first batch of HBE pedals and I've bought the Dos Mos and Gary Holt's Doomsday device (and a few others) to add a bit of flavour/boost to my RM100KH and I must say I like what I hear. I felt that especially the KH2 needed a little help and the Doomsday Device delivers big time :twisted:
The Dos Mos works very nicely on these modules (KH1/KH2/KH3) too, exactly what I needed, I'm happy :D

For solos I like to clean boost my SL+ with the xotic bb. If I mess around with the knobs I come very close to any tone on Dr.Feelgood.

Boss BD-2 all the way. Very low gain/high vol for an awesome push with just a bit of hair on it. By the way, it can get pretty greasy if you want it to. I've had modded ones too, but just a stock BD-2 is what I use with my Brahma.

I also have a modded SD-1, but I pretty much use this to push things way over the edge/saturation.

Xotic AC and Xotic RC Booster. The RC is a clean boost, I leave it on all the time, it really help the clean sounds and make it fuller. The AC has great od and can get all the high gain module up a notch in crunchy sweet gain.
I heard a lot of cool thing about the Keeley mod Tubescreamers. Neil Zaza uses one all the time, his live tone is great, actually has his own signature Keeley that supposed to really sing.

I collected some pedals and had no time to try :)
Before a month finally did it, but results was funny, because every of them sounds interesting and nice.
Rocktron AustinGold, Digitech BadMonkey, Digitech DF-7, Behringer TO100 (copy of BluesDriver?) and of course RM20 boost (changed from linear to more "screamerish")
And still waiting for my clones of ZVex SHO and Hermida Zendrive :)

I'm getting either a RM50 100 head and was wondering if anybody has used a boss ME 20,50 or 70 threw either of these heads yet?
Wanted to know if the unit would effect tone in the head even if Im not using any of the distortions on the pedal.