Is my Output transformer dead?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeymex

Reaction score
Last night I was playing and suddenly no sound... I checked, no fuse lights nothing. PT was warm ok. Preamp modules ok, switching ok buut Power tubes were not glowing and the OT was colder than PT and after a while cold, off... , is it dead or is it any internal component that blows first?...

THanks a lot
joey

I turn it to standby to move some stuff that was in the floor... and when I switch to play again, no sound... the lights on the back where shutoff no tube failure signal. I swap for some EL34 I had and nothing... I will open it today to see if some of the inside fuses are blown

You're most definately on the right track about the internal fuses

Happend to me once,

It was some internal fuses that were blown, those hidden under the midi board on my RM100. That happened when i made high volume test with my newly acquired Plexi module and brand new set of E34L.

Hope this helps

yup,
same thing happened to me. It turned out to be one of the 5 eternal fuses.
Hope this helps. Once it was fixed....FIRED right up!!

I am sad, this just got worse... I changed every fuse inside and now is not starting... I can hear some buzz like when the computer is on, very low pitch... but nothing starts like before... the fan, modules, etc... nothing..
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you have a RM100 ?

If so, have you checked the fuses hidden under the midi board ?
It is located at the back of the amp and holds the midi connectors, you will have to remove it to check/replace those fuses.

It was those fuses that where blown in my case.

I assume that you first checked the fuse within the voltage selector where the ac cord plugs into ??

Did you check all these fuses? (with a meter, not by eye or replacement)

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6297

Hey that thread was very helpful... I guess my problem is that maybe some fuses I have changed are not exactly the type I need.
Can some one help me with the type and spec of the fuses ?
We maybe can use the thread were Pete put the pictures and number them... ?

help me pls... i will give this info to the tech I sent the amp to ... cause I change all the internal fuses with the same type :oops: hope nothing more is burnt now...
Thanks a lot
joey

joeymex said:
Hey that thread was very helpful... I guess my problem is that maybe some fuses I have changed are not exactly the type I need.
Can some one help me with the type and spec of the fuses ?
We maybe can use the thread were Pete put the pictures and number them... ?

help me pls... i will give this info to the tech I sent the amp to ... cause I change all the internal fuses with the same type :oops: hope nothing more is burnt now...
Thanks a lot
joey

Some are hard to see, but the fuses are all marked. I have a gig *and* I have to work this weekend, so I'm probably not going to be able to dig this up on my end until next week. I bet if you contact Randall they can give you the info.

Don't ever replace a fuse if you don't know the value though... when you do that, you might put too high a value and the current that should blow a stock fuse could harm a component further down the line. Same for putting a slow blo where a fast blo should be.

Pete