Missing Lillian Axe tonight...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisolson

Reaction score
:(

$7 show. ******... But I'm just getting too old and have to get up too early. I can't stay out until 2am on a work night. It's also about a 40 minute drive from home.

I did get their new cd as a consolation prize today though. I'm on the fence. I haven't been blown away by anything they've done after and including "Psychoschizophrenia".

Stevie is such an AMAZING guitar player though - great guy too. Great band.

Ah, you are so lucky!
I have lived 2 hours from the nearest concert venue all my life, and even then, we're talking Raleigh N.C.
Raleigh has an open air amphitheater, but some bands (non-mainstream) only get as close as Washington D.C. or Atlanta!
This is truly a dead zone of "stuck in the past" music lovers.
I drove 300+ miles to Charlotte one day (back in 1985) to see Dokken & Dio (the greatest show I ever saw, BTW) and most shows like that sold out quickly. (My sister was in college there, at the time)
The Norfolk Scope had some decent concerts, but guys like Michael Schenker NEVER get near here!
Wanna hear Country? Southern Rock? Blues/Jazz? Even what they call "Beach Music" (a dance called "The Shag" is danced to these songs) is popular here.

Dio?...Who's he?
Dokken? ....mmmm, I might have heard of 'em.
Rainbow? Sure, I saw one just after it rained the other day.
Black Sabbath? Ain't that devil music, man?

No wonder people looked at me strange when I started playing Judas Priest & Iron Maiden back in 1980.
:lol:
I was one of those "Devil Worshipers"!

:lol:

"Com'on everybody, we're goin' to the Skynyrd concert. Nantucket and Blackfoot are openin' up for 'em. Yee Haw!"

"Freebird!" *belch!*

We opened up for these guys back in 92 they were an awesome bunch of guys!! treated us so nice!! and they rock too!!!!