MTS DISCONTINUED.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl

Reaction score
OK. Runor has it that the MTS line is being discontinued. Can anyone confirm or deny this. This would be suicide for Randall. IMO.
Voice in and let us know what's up.

Not this again. Ok there have been rumors for years about this and thusfar none have come true. Although Randall has been as stagnant as pond water for quite some time i don't think they have any intentions of discontinuing anything right now. They just got some new endorsers like Scott Ian so i think we will be ok until the next NAMM. Besides how many of us actually use Randall modules?

Peace Joshua

Mister Joshua said:
Not this again. Ok there have been rumors for years about this and thusfar none have come true. Although Randall has been as stagnant as pond water for quite some time i don't think they have any intentions of discontinuing anything right now. They just got some new endorsers like Scott Ian so i think we will be ok until the next NAMM. Besides how many of us actually use Randall modules?

Peace Joshua
Yeah, I know Joshua.
This thing comes and goes. I would have to agree with you, but stranger things have happened. Scott Ian isn't a new endorsee in the Randall world; he's just got a new RM100 and mods deal. He's been using Randall since the 80's. Other than, that I don't see any "new" endorsements. Just people leaving Randall. The fact that not many of us actually use "Randall" mods only makes this much more of a possibilty. Softening sales and market volatility could very well factor in. I am looking for some news and info on the matter. Can it be verified that this is legit?

I stand corrected. Yes Scott Ian is a long time endorser. But i have yet to hear about the discontinuation. But for the sake of argument i asked the Korg distributor here via email a bit ago. He knows a lot about the goings on in U. S. Music, especially since USM stole Marshall from Korg (jealous much?). I'll let you know what i find out.

Peace, Joshua

Well here's where I got my info: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13474
Schlagdog states it in the first post on this thread.
It's not like he's a noob or anything like that, so I am curious.
BTW: Check out the 1987 vid on the other post in "Rigs and tones". Good stuff, fellas.
:D :D :D

I wonder why they would waste R&D developing some new signature modules that aren't going to produced for long for a product line that has been cancelled?

VitaminG said:
I wonder why they would waste R&D developing some new signature modules that aren't going to produced for long for a product line that has been cancelled?
This exactly.
And a new head, and a new cab, and putting advertising money into it.

I just don't see that happening just before killing off the line, as I've said in that other topic.

We've had at least 4 waves of this rumor while I've been here, it's always been a dealer talking bullshit, so Mister Joshua, I'm sorry but I won't trust the outcome of your inquiry.

Randall themselves were even here a while ago, stating that the MTS line wasn't going anywhere.
And if it is, we'll still have Egnater, which will then have a much bigger markert for his stuff and can lower his prices.

In other words: we're fine, and if we're not ... we're still fine! :lol:

It's ok Mojo, the guy said he had heard no such thing. As far as i can say it is just rumor. I might be wrong but this happens about once a year that someone hears this rumor and it gets spread about the board. I'll wait until an official announcement before i start worrying.

Peace, Joshua

Well, here are some facts:
-George Lynch's new Randall signature amp is no longer MTS or modular.
- We see no new stuff coming out of the MTS line.
It's a great line, great concept, so i hope they don't can it, I invested a lot of money into this line. We'll see what happen.

tung said:
- We see no new stuff coming out of the MTS line.
We just saw a brand new signature amp with 3 modules a month ago!!

It's not as much and as fast as we want, no, not even close.
But to say there is nothing is just not true.

I just wish they would come up with something more stunning like an RM100 with 4 modules, dual poweramp and other features like switchable effects loops.
They could have a Roadking killer right there..
Or a smaller 2 space preamp, or an RM50 head with RM22 features.

They don't have to reinvent the wheel, just put some spinners on it :lol:
That RM52 wouldn't even cost anything in R&D .. RM22 pre + RM50 power = RM52. (not that simple, but very simple compared to developing a new amp)

Mister Joshua said:
Besides how many of us actually use Randall modules?

Well, I have 4 Randall modules fitted, that they all will end up being modded doesn't make them less 'Randall'

From the money I put into Randall because of the MTS I could have bought 2 Carvin V3m's
But Carvin didn't get it, Randall did

So unless all you guys bought Egnater modules, or made them from scratch, Randall made a sale wether you got it modded afterwards or not
(How come a modded Marshall is still considered a Marshall but Randall stuff isn't seen as Randal anymore?)

That depends, a big part of mod donors are second hand modules..

But would someone have bought a new module instead of a donor+mod .. I don't think so.
And there are still a lot of people happy with standard modules ;)

m0jo said:

But would someone have bought a new module instead of a donor+mod .. I don't think so.
True. I think many can be pleased with stockers. I have had many I could live with but I like to have stuff modded. Its like playing dress up and tea party with your modules. :D :shock: Oh, I wasnt supposed to write that. I actually had a thought that if Randall quit making stockers and almost all were used as donors, would that make stockers rare and valuable? Hmmmmm.........my mind is wandering.

I figured it had to be a rumor by a dealer trying to sound cool.
I was giving Schlagdog some respect and entertaining the possibility.
The logical next step was to take it to you guys. Who more hip to what's going on in the MTS world than the guys on the forum?
I agree with you guys. It doesn't make sense to cancel their most incredible amp design and joint venture with the legendary Bruce Egnater.
It would be just silly. US Musicorp may not have all the gusto in the world when it comes to promotion and they hardly ever releases a new module, but it would be pure stupidity to walk away from a product that already has a following. The issue for me is when it comes to buying or selling stock in US Musicorp. If MTS goes, I sell. It probably indicates that the company is in trouble and the value is going to plummet. In this volatile US economy, things can happen very quickly and it's important to position yourself wisely.
LONG LIVE MTS!!!!
(And at some point may the US Musicorp stock split)

Isn't Bruce Egnater came up (and owns rights) with the MTS Modular amps?

BigBrewtus said:
m0jo said:

True. I think many can be pleased with stockers. I have had many I could live with but I like to have stuff modded. Its like playing dress up and tea party with your modules. :D :shock: Oh, I wasnt supposed to write that. I actually had a thought that if Randall quit making stockers and almost all were used as donors, would that make stockers rare and valuable? Hmmmmm.........my mind is wandering.
I was quite pleased with stockers for years before I ever discovered this forum and the magical world of unicorns and modded modules. Of course you must have a decent OD in front to get them to sound right. That would be hilarious if stockers became valuable to the point where they were worth more than modded ones.
Yeah right... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anomaly said:
Isn't Bruce Egnater came up (and owns rights) with the MTS Modular amps?

Yes Bruce did invent it. I think he still has all rights too, although i'm not sure. As i've pointed out before this line actually started as a Rocktron product and is now a Randall product as well as an Egnater product. If Randall, God forbid, drops the line, someone else will grab it. It is just too good of an idea to die.

Peace, Joshua

It's not impossible to think Rabdall would drop it at any point....but the Egnater line is recently getting some mass production overhaul, so chances are if Randall dies Egnater would take it's place- or even another company take over

Hopefully it all just doesn't go ~poof~ :?

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. It's Randall's (read US Music) fault that they have shoddy sales.

Their marketing is crap and niche. People hear the name Randall or Washburn and instantly think metalhead from the 80s stuck on a $300 solid state half stack with a warlock guitar. I'm sorry, but it's just not in style for the decade. A Telecaster through a Vox with a hipster outfit listening to indie folk-electro pop is the new thing.

If the products were more cosmetically attractive, and they were more aggressive with market research and promotion, they'd be a heavy contender in the Guitar Center market.

It's a shame to see such a great sounding and well-thought concept such as the modular series get such an overlooked reputation.