My new-to-me JadedFaith VHT

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnodge

Reaction score
Randall MTS KH-3 converted to VHT by JadedFaith in 2010.

I did up the new faceplate last night to look similar to the VHT/Fryette Deliverance amp.

I have white chickenheads coming for it, but wanted to show off the faceplate (the module came as the KH-3, but modded).

The faceplate is a sticker with clear packing tape on top of it.

IMG_2408.jpg

Well, I had it in my RM4 (KH-1, VHT, Grail, Salvation S1S0), and compared it to he high gainers.

I've had the KH-3, and KH-2, before, so, I would say, the VHT is:
- tight
- lots of gain on tap, but get muddy with more gain, say, past 2:00. Sweet spot is 12-1:00
- full sounding, but very articulate
- VERY responsive when you roll down your guitar volume
- sounds very different than my other high gainers, and this is a good thing

I think it does Megadeth/Metallica quite well, but it is a very 'dry' module, sort of like a KH-1. The VHT is great for rhythm, leads, etc.

I had heard it is like a Diesel, which I loved on the Peavey Vypyr, but I think the VHT is similar to that sound.

(I have not played through either a VHT or a Diesel before, so I'm not jaded by any real comparisons, just with perceived tone and sound)

I quite like it.

I absolutely love mine. Rob did a great job capturing the VHT tone. I think I read on one of his recent posts that it is based off his own 50w VHT Pittbull head.

I'm constantly switching between BASS & TREBLE 2 'o' clock, MIDS 12 'o' clock, or BASS 4 'o' clock, TREBLE 2 'o' clock, MIDS full. Really muscular tones.

A real dark horse amongst the high gainers in my opinion.

Love the faceplate! I should be offering these soon as well.

Glad to hear you guys are digging the VHT's. It is scary close to my 2003 VHT 50/ST Pittbull and the tones on my 2008 Sig X Rhythm channel. Dry, muscular and outstanding definition in a band setting (both live or recorded) are the words I would best use to describe it. These heads are my main live heads and never let me down. The Randall rig is WAY too heavy to gig and lives happily in my home studio where it really shines.

I also have new mods available based on Krank's, Orange Rockerverbs and I should have a Mesa Mark based on my Mark V head coming shortly. The sweepable mids from the Krank are a $50 add on option for any mod and give you a frequency sweep between 300-750Hz. That with a mid-shift switch makes for a super versatile module for sure.

^Rob is kicking it up a notch in 2011! I'll be looking out for these new mods & features, very exciting

crankyrayhanky said:
^Rob is kicking it up a notch in 2011! I'll be looking out for these new mods & features, very exciting
Thanks Ray! 2010 was a laid back year for me with a lot on my plate but I'm back and swinging in 2011 for sure.

+1 on Rob's mods!! If you want to hear the VHT, I just posted a song under rigs & tones using the VHT for lead, and Rob's modded Plexi for crunch rhythm. The plexi and VHT work so well together, like crunch and lead channels from the same amp.