New Camerica mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrucci

Reaction score
From the Salvation Mods Facebook page:
562669_430820720302112_950203284_n.jpg

Salvation is a madman :!:

In terms of the original amps, how does the Atomica compare to the Cameron? Off of clips, I'd say the Cameron has a more vintage Plexi-ish voicing (but with added gain/compression options), the Atomica more modern metal? But they each have crossover into the other...am I hearing this right? Any thoughts welcomed!

I have a Camerock and it is super inspiring; it can get pretty thick and gainy with the toggles, but it's forte seems to be the nuances and touch reactiveness in the mid gain settings

exactly..Rob has started to put those in his modules. Great idea as the Randalls can be lacking in that department..

crankyrayhanky said:
the Atomica more modern metal?

The Cameron Atomica is a very 'mid-range heavy' amp. Just like the Cameron CCV. I definitely would not describe the Atomica as modern sounding. I'm not saying the amp does not sound good. Just not modern sounding. When you say modern I'm presuming you mean, Rectifier, VH4 or Uberschall.

JayDA said:
Whoopysnorp said:
An MTS mod with a presence control? That's a new and intriguing concept...

Not really.....

80d9a9be04e6a99cb171e9f489bd79e0_svlg.jpg

The knob was covering up the label, so I thought that was the PR control. Turn it up after your band puts out a shitty album and fewer people read the reviews.

JayDA said:
Whoopysnorp said:
An MTS mod with a presence control? That's a new and intriguing concept...

Not really.....

80d9a9be04e6a99cb171e9f489bd79e0_svlg.jpg

Actually Anthony came out first with a Presence control quite a bit before the Quickmod was released - it was on his new Dreadplate with a presence control. Sorry to be the bubble buster :)

bhuard75 said:
crankyrayhanky said:
the Atomica more modern metal?

The Cameron Atomica is a very 'mid-range heavy' amp. Just like the Cameron CCV. I definitely would not describe the Atomica as modern sounding. I'm not saying the amp does not sound good. Just not modern sounding. When you say modern I'm presuming you mean, Rectifier, VH4 or Uberschall.

Thanks for the reply...hmmm, I'd love to hear more Cameron vs Atomica thoughts....and less of who invented what first which can get ugly too quickly

My original post has been deleted...and I stand corrected. Sorry to have offended anyone, as I know some people here are easily offended.

The Atomica is merely a Mark Cameron high gain Jose Arrendondo mod. I presume there will be alot of overlap with the amount of high gain marshalls mods floating around already within the community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_JVL91V3OE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUzyWwvXj8M

CCV vs. Atomica. Both are certainly Marshall-esque. The Atomica, like said above, is Mark's take on a Jose circuit. The Atomica has a THUMP to it that I'd be interested in hearing if a module can capture. I only wish the Atomica was a multi-channel amp. The CCV, if either, is the one I would consider more "modern." Neither are modern if you are considering a Rectifier, Diezel, etc., but the CCV can certainly atain more metal tone, IMO.

The Atomica is just a balls out, one channel, high gain (mid gain, if you want to dial it there... I don't understand why you would :wink:) Marshall machine. The CCV is three channels and is one of the most versatile amps I have ever owned. Both of these amps are fantastic, two of the best amps I've ever owned. At this point, the only amps I own are Voodoo and Cameron - aside from the modular line.

drewiv said:
The CCV, if either, is the one I would consider more "modern." Neither are modern if you are considering a Rectifier, Diezel, etc., but the CCV can certainly atain more metal tone, IMO.

Same synopsis from someone who has the actual amp. I agree the CCV is the more modern sounding of the two, but neither are actually when considered to the aforementioned amps.

interesting, it will be fun to hear the clips when they come out
Anyone own a Camerock & an actual CCV? I have the Camerock and love it!

crankyrayhanky said:
Anyone own a Camerock & an actual CCV? I have the Camerock and love it!

I do. I haven't had much time to play since receiving the module and haven't a/b'ed them closely. I hope to get back to a more regular schedule post Labor Day, my summer has been a time sucking abyss.

JayDA said:
bhuard75 said:
Whats next the "Cam-*****"?

Sssshhhhh....don't offend anyone....Anthony has already invented that....

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

You dont really think I give a $h!T about offending anyone I'm MAY pay to do work for ME? Or any one else for that matter...LOL

Hey, I get to revive an old-ish thread and I have a few comments/ questions, if anyone cold help answer them.

So, I pretty much think that my Camered... er... (Camerock) is the bees knees.!!!If it wasn't In the $3K range, I might even consider buying a CCV. Question 1) how close is the Salvation module to the Cameron CCV?

So, that brings us to the Atomica. My 2nd question- How does the Atomica compare in real life (non-modular) with the Voodoo HG/UG Jose amps? Is one that much better of different from one another?

Question 3) Are there any clips of the new Salvo mod?

well according to Anthony the 1st Camerica is going to a MTS forum
member :shock: