New modular systems?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Franne500 said:
But ....... when will they be up for sale ????? (do I seem eager ?!? :) )

That is the question of the ages. We're all very eager and I do believe the dedication of the modular community pushed Bruce back into this idea (as was Randall's drop of the line). Which I also believe is why Bruce doesn't want to alienate his core customer base.

I got $1200 sat here waiting for an E2 with two dual modules.....hoping for a Dual Friedman at least.

Rhombus said:
SALVAGED said:
Jacksauce said:
Seriously, we should be **** thankful for the backward compatibility. Improving the platform they use and offering new modules. Thank you Bruce!

I'm assuming this means the new platform will accept old modules, but NOT the other way around (as in: old platform accepting new modules)?

No, the Bruce Egnater quote does not mean that. It means that the new modules will work with the old Randall & Egnater products. Read the English.

No need to get combative over this. I was asking a question, hence the question mark at the end of my post. For the record, I'll be very grateful if the compatibility runs both directions.

drewiv said:
That is the question of the ages. We're all very eager and I do believe the dedication of the modular community pushed Bruce back into this idea (as was Randall's drop of the line). Which I also believe is why Bruce doesn't want to alienate his core customer base.

Makes total sense. 8)

I like that the b-man has a dual eq; would be nice if the SLO did also.

Steve Fryette is making the poweramp, right? Is he also making a preamp module? That's something I'd buy

while i;d love to see this happen, I waited for the E2 for quite a while until I just went and got a used RM4.

If the Power amp is a significant improvement I'll be a paying customer. I'd also buy into some new mods if backwards compatible but I can't imagine new mods will be "better" than say, Salvation Mods. For me the amp choice for the new preamps will have to be incredibly unique

We'll see if any of this happens before I buy another amp, perhaps the wait will kill it? I dunno :?

withmittens said:
We'll see if any of this happens before I buy another amp, perhaps the wait will kill it? I dunno :?

Here is what Friedman had to say about it on the HRI forum:

RACKSYSTEMS said:
We are pushing as hard as we can to get it done and out. If I were you guys I would wait for the new hardware. There will be 2 amps and 1 pre option with a power amp and a desktop unit.

RACKSYSTEMS said:
I guarantee its all coming out. There will not be extended delays. The power amp will not be Manufactured by Fryette but was designed for Synergy by him.

you can be sure they're boxing them up as we type....
--------------
bruce egnater wrote: The new modular line, named Synergy, will be unveiled at NAMM and should be shipping by March.
------------

It's tough to get product to market without spending more than you want to. it's a major out of pocket risk

Everyone involved with the new Synergy system should have just kept their mouths shut about it at NAMM. All that had were a handful of half assed prototypes laying around the demo booth. They refused to answer any questions about them. Then they start spouting out March release dates and here we are in June with NOTHING! There's no website. There's no advertising. And worst of all they don't even have the decency to come on to this forum and tell their customer base what the hell is going on! They just keep us in the dark as time marches on.

audiomidijace said:
Everyone involved with the new Synergy system should have just kept their mouths shut about it at NAMM. All that had were a handful of half assed prototypes laying around the demo booth. They refused to answer any questions about them. Then they start spouting out March release dates and here we are in June with NOTHING! There's no website. There's no advertising. And worst of all they don't even have the decency to come on to this forum and tell their customer base what the hell is going on! They just keep us in the dark as time marches on.

Bruce said end of 2015?

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=20627

Half way down the thread

Yeah, people like to talk about things they're doing. Marketing and excitement say it's a good idea but it's usually not, especially with small manufacturers.

I seriously doubt that Synergy is expected to be a major product by any of the companies involved, They're probably doing it out of love and to further the possibilities of the system. I've released product prematurely for my own company and it's never a good idea. Money is always needed elsewhere and if it isn't a main concentration, the intended product takes a back seat.

Of course I can't know the circumstances of the Synergy release but as a small manufacturer I get how things can be tough. These guys are not huge companies, one or two main players involved in each, wearing many hats with limited funds. a company producing a line of product catering to a very small percentage of the population with 25 employees has a lot of overhead and responsibility. often with tight budgets

withmittens said:
Yeah, people like to talk about things they're doing. Marketing and excitement say it's a good idea but it's usually not, especially with small manufacturers.

I seriously doubt that Synergy is expected to be a major product by any of the companies involved, They're probably doing it out of love and to further the possibilities of the system. I've released product prematurely for my own company and it's never a good idea. Money is always needed elsewhere and if it isn't a main concentration, the intended product takes a back seat.

Of course I can't know the circumstances of the Synergy release but as a small manufacturer I get how things can be tough. These guys are not huge companies, one or two main players involved in each, wearing many hats with limited funds. a company producing a line of product catering to a very small percentage of the population with 25 employees has a lot of overhead and responsibility. often with tight budgets

Yup - well put - and can you imagine organizing at least four of them to get things done for this (Egnater, Friedman, Soldano & Fryette) - bet that's not fun too :)

When I see this stuff it mkes me think of the concept cars the auto makers build for their version of NAMM. I think to myself "Wow! It will be so cool when they put that car out." And then it never happens.