Pulling the reverb from an RM50?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReddyTones

Reaction score
Hey guys, Happy Holidays
I was wondering if anyone has pulled out the reverb unit in their RM50. If so, is there anything special i need to consider?
I don't care for it much & I run a digital reverb. I'm going to be re-tolexing the amp & I figured while I have it apart, why not take care of the reverb at the same time. Another small part of why i want to remove it is, i've seen a few pics of custom face plates with a "rack" unit in them... that just blew me away. I would probably never use more than 1 (or2) rack FX unit, so why not right?
Thanks for any advice.

If all you are asking is how to do it just unscrew the 4 screws around the base of it and unhook the wires. Lift it out and done.

Thanks for the reply Mike. I guess looking back at my post, maybe it was a dumb question or maybe not worded in the best way. I wasn't asking how to physically remove it, more of a "warning" about removing it. Like "Hey if you remove it. remember that..." (your *** will catch fire or your amp will sound like dirt etc:) javascript:emoticon(':wink:') More of a heads up type of a thing. But at this point, no biggie, I'll be working on the amp this weekend & just pull it out.
Thanks again Mike. Happy New Year! :wink:

Only think I've noticed is that the connections going into the Reverb tank itself seem to be a little fragile...seen several where the wires have pulled loose from the strain relief/rubber grommets at the tank itself.