Rack Effect Processor

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I'll need a HUSH, for example, as the gate if I put the processor in the Parallel? I was already planning on getting a HUSH, so no worries, lol.

So I'll loop the GMAJ2 in the Parallel and loop the gate in the Series inorder to avoid the lag in the processor. I'll also check out the intelleflex while I'm at it. Thanks a lot. you've been a great help.
BTW, which loop is the main FX Loop? Series or Parallel?

I have a Rocktron Replifex which I've used for years. If you can find one, they're not that expensive and they do a great job with basic effects like chorus, delay, simple reverb, etc. Patch changes are very quick and you can have the delay and reverb spillover into the next patch. Another good thing about all those Rocktron boxes (Replifex, Intellifex, Xpression, etc) is that you get to choose for each patch whether or not the dry signal goes through the A/D converter. So if you're super picky about not wanting your dry signal converted to digital and you're running this in a serial configuration, you can avoid some tone suck that way. Of course, you lose some of the effects like Tremolo, compressor and gate because those need to be run in serial. But I wish all FX processors would give you the option of maintaining an all analog dry signal.

That said, I recently got a TC G Major 2 although I was concerned about tone-suck with that because it converts everything to digital when run in serial. However, I was very pleasantly surprised with it. It actually seems to complement my Egnater M4 really well...better than the Replifex I think. In addition, the TC is way easier and quicker to program.

Overall, you wouldn't go wrong with either TC or Rocktron.

GuitarGod87 said:
so I'll need a HUSH, for example, as the gate if I put the processor in the Parallel? I was already planning on getting a HUSH, so no worries, lol.

So I'll loop the GMAJ2 in the Parallel and loop the gate in the Series inorder to avoid the lag in the processor. I'll also check out the intelleflex while I'm at it. Thanks a lot. you've been a great help.
BTW, which loop is the main FX Loop? Series or Parallel?

Running the GM2 in a parallel loop will provide < optimal results if you are looking to utilize all of the fx. If you are going to run in a parallel loop you would want to activate the Killdry function. This will essentially set the mix level to 100%. If you are planning on using more than just time based fx for the GM2 (it has a noise gate built in) it would be recommended to run it in the series loop.

When I referred to switching latency issues in the earlier post I meant within the Gmajor2 itself. You can change the routing of each preset from series, parallel, semi-parallel, etc but it will lag for instance if one preset is series and the next parallel. To avoid the lag issue, I simply changed the global routing parameter within the GMajor2 to semi-parallel and no other lag issues since.

As for what loop is the main loop I suppose that would depend entirely on the equipment being utilized. Time based fx are traditionally for the parallel loop though they sound just fine is series IMO. Some fx units sound best in front of the amp, others behind the preamp, etc but I find it best to try all configurations and use my ears to decide.

I may go for the 11Rack, plenty of other applications for this piece, and I'm hoping it would also work well in the amp loop

GuitarGod87 said:
Anyone own the XPRESSION? Any comparisons between the XPRESSION and the G MAJOR 2?

I have owned both previously. I used each at different times through my old Lynch Box head and through my Diamond Phantom.

Xpression wins hands down. Sounds better (doesn't suck tone like the GM/2), built better (knobs anyone) and is easier to use. Just my 2 cents.

The Axe FX is what I use, it's awesome, lightweight, and it includes great amp models and convolution cab modeling (using user IR's), as well as great FX and industry standard routing abilities.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/

GuitarGod87 said:
Can anyone suggest a decent rack mount effect processor for the RM 100?

I'm planning on running two heads into two different cabs. I was leaning more on the TC ELECTRONICS GMAJ2. But, after some research, it seems that they are cheap and not worth the cash.

So far I only have a BBE 882i SONIC MAXIMIZER for my rack gear.

Thanks

I bought a Tc Electronics GMajor2 THIS WEEK
the knobs (or to be more accuratte, the potentiometers) are THE SAME CHEAP PIECES OF CRAP THEY USED ON THE GMAJORS!!!!!!
There is no difference at all.
FYI
GtrGeorge

I am returning mine tommorrow. Tc Thinks we are all imbeciles.

GtrGeorge! said:
I bought a Tc Electronics GMajor2 THIS WEEK
the knobs (or to be more accuratte, the potentiometers) are THE SAME CHEAP PIECES OF CRAP THEY USED ON THE GMAJORS!!!!!!
There is no difference at all.
FYI
GtrGeorge

I am returning mine tommorrow. Tc Thinks we are all imbeciles.

thanks a million for the review. I think I'm going to settle on the Intelliflex. Thanks everyone.

fwiw: I think Rocktron has been alot closer to producing ROAD-worthy gear than Tc. The metal construction, the ability to completely bypass the signal, if need be. You can hear that bypass as an actual bypass..less so in Tc Electronics G Major. I know have A/B d them many,many times.
Some other things I wish they had done different..but whether you need those things..well thats up to you.

Also, The support is excellent, you CAN get someone on the phone..I have..several times. As good as the manual is, having Jim on the other end has alot of value to me. Did I mention Jim (and his job) are in the USA. That,too, means something to me.
I wish Rocktron had decided to keep all production of their products in the USA..but sadly that might not have been feasible (due to hippocrits who say they support American workers, but buy all their goods and services elsewhere)..so fwiw I favor Rocktron. And fwiw: I dont have any bizness connection them at all.
Just saying.
And as soon as they or someone else (hearing me JF,Salvation, etc??)
wants to make a truly pro multiFx unit...I will most certainly try it and buy it, if it meets my needs. I do like good,clean competition.
GtrGeorge