Randall Support

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice here is that if you've got a MTS amp and you like it, take real good care of it. I don't like not reading about lack of stock, lack of availability of stuff from the manufacturer.

Gig with a different rig. It's really too bad.

KillTone said:
Randall has been dropping the ball for the last year or two, but I can understand why their reps no longer appear here. If you saw the abuse some posters gave them over really insignificant issues you would probably agree..

The only "abuse" I read is when the R&D rep would tease new modules to be released at NAMM, only to be let down with nothing- over and over again. People would respond with- where is it? When's it coming out?

I believe the last conversation ended with R&D saying they would no longer give us this preview info. In fact no more info, which at least corresponds to the number of new mods produced.

This is an area where the customers are admonished for being excited about new products? Bad Business

crankyrayhanky said:
KillTone said:
Randall has been dropping the ball for the last year or two, but I can understand why their reps no longer appear here. If you saw the abuse some posters gave them over really insignificant issues you would probably agree..

The only "abuse" I read is when the R&D rep would tease new modules to be released at NAMM, only to be let down with nothing- over and over again. People would respond with- where is it? When's it coming out?

I believe the last conversation ended with R&D saying they would no longer give us this preview info. In fact no more info, which at least corresponds to the number of new mods produced.

This is an area where the customers are admonished for being excited about new products? Bad Business
I never actually saw them say that :?
I thought they suddenly stopped speaking..

Maybe it has to do with Doug Reynolds leaving..
Or maybe it has the same cause..

I just searched all over and couldn't find the thread, but I did find me groaning about it last year. It's a frustrating time for mts owners, we just want some more stuff!

crankyrayhanky said:
I just searched all over and couldn't find the thread, but I did find me groaning about it last year. It's a frustrating time for mts owners, we just want some more stuff!
Well what I want is information.
If Randall has chosen to leave the MTS series as is until better times arrive that is absolutely fine by me.. but at least freaking let us know!

crankyrayhanky said:
KillTone said:

You know that's bad marketing. Typically marketing releases information about products before the product is ready. Marketing typically overpromises on what a product does. The technical people typically could strangle the marketing people, but that's cement house stuff.

You've read Dilbert. The marketing literature usually makes some almost criminal overexaggerations of what Dilbert's company does. Then it's up to the tech people to deliver on that product.

So what I think happened is that a concept for new modules got leaked to marketing so the marketing people promoted the hell out of it. However, the stuff hadn't even gotten past the prototype stage. I think the "Mark" module with the sliders is done for. Lynch keeps changing tonal ideas like underwear -- I mean when has this guy played a single amp tone without getting something done to the amp or switched amps to try something then goes onto something else. About all he's been consistent with is his guitars.

And I think Randall is seeing the handwriting on the wall about the MTS line considering the quality of the Axe FX which is in the same price range. This line was developed when the best modeler was the POD 1.0 or 2.0, I'm not sure but the date is around then. How many generations of chipsets and algorithms have we seen since then?

Bruce has gone over to his Rebel, Renegade, and Tweaker line and is making money off that. The Mod series is a boutique amp.

I think we need to start looking at our amps as production model boutique stuff. Basically if you like the tone, keep it. If you don't, sell it.

More about company restructuring politics and a global recession that's hitting everybody, it has nothing to do with digital modelers or kids playing with modeling toys in their bedrooms. Randall has been in business for 40 years, I don't think they're going anywhere. If anything's dying it's the plastic digital paradigm. AXE FX is just the latest Pod du jour, it will turn out to be another passing fancy. The nerdy bedroom boys will continue to trade patches and programs over the internet instead of learning their instruments and building good chops. All while the real cats keep on gigging, recording and blowing minds with classic analog tube technology from the 1950's, from Neve to API to Neumann to Fender to Marshall. And people will listen, and come to the shows, because it just sounds sooo good. Always has, always will...

So I got an email back from Ryan.

They are $3.20 per screw- part number is E605000. If you can have somebody give us a call with a credit card, we can place the order. (just make sure to reference the part number)

Thanks,

I might order a few to have as spares.

laxcdn said:
So I got an email back from Ryan.

They are $3.20 per screw- part number is E605000. If you can have somebody give us a call with a credit card, we can place the order. (just make sure to reference the part number)

Thanks,

I might order a few to have as spares.

WOW. $3.20 per screw? I contacted them last year and got an email back telling me it was $1.00 per screw :?

I've been looking for a place that carries the older style, silver big knob thumbscrews. They're difficult to find.

Hmmm . . . here's a copy/paste of the email I got from Randall (US Music Corp) at the end of June:

We do have them at this time. The part name is E605000 and they are around $1.64 each. If you would email us your address, we will send you 6 free of charge.

Thank you,
I think they gave them to me free of charge because they actually didn't reply to my first email ... after 3-4 days, I forwarded them the original email back with a "hello? ...", and then they replied replied I think the next day with the above message. I was very happy and thought they handled that well. And yes, I did receive the thumbscrews shortly thereafter . . . :)

Anybody get any screws? Or just screwed...Randall is pissing me off...I drop serious cash on their **** and they aren't able to locate and ship some screws...Two calls, one email, no luck...Randall is about as supportive as a twenty year old jock strap...

Latest posts