Why cant I sell or trade my Randall Gear?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattfig said:
There are some here that think Randall has dropped the ball a bit on MTS and done very little development or promotion...
. . . and being just as significant as the other two (IMO), I would add "communication" to that list; as their silence is sometimes deafening.

before i tried the MTS amp i had never payed Randall much attention. Had to do with them being known for Dime Bag Darell's sound and i didn't like his tone at all.

Well, I do feel randall gear a bit cursed at this time :?

I am into it for a few months and:

-Bought a V2. switching issues. The tech takes weeks to answer my mails and no answers at all on this forum.
-bought a used lynch box. Not packed well enough, the wood enclosure is damaged.
-bought a mr scary in USA. 17 days in customs (!) so I get it almost a month after I paid. When at last it is in my hands, I see one of the pots is broken...
-bought a mamba on this forum, february 6th. not sent at this time, the guy wait for it from Salvation...

I plan to send my modern module to Anthony to mod it to custom 3, but I am a bit.... scared? :lol: :cry: :x :?:

chacal said:
Well, I do feel randall gear a bit cursed at this time :?

I am into it for a few months and:

-Bought a V2. switching issues. The tech takes weeks to answer my mails and no answers at all on this forum.
-bought a used lynch box. Not packed well enough, the wood enclosure is damaged.
-bought a mr scary in USA. 17 days in customs (!) so I get it almost a month after I paid. When at last it is in my hands, I see one of the pots is broken...
-bought a mamba on this forum, february 6th. not sent at this time, the guy wait for it from Salvation...

I plan to send my modern module to Anthony to mod it to custom 3, but I am a bit.... scared? :lol: :cry: :x :?:

No fears with Anthony Bro - proceed with confidence. Or just buy my module package deal and be done with it. :D

The market absolutely sucks on amps pretty much regardless of brand unless it is a used common name like Fender or Marshall or Peavey. Made in China has nothing to do with lack of being able to sell. The problem is lack of jobs and income.

A local shop has had a blowout on Marshalls and NONE of them have sold. NONE.

I've seen the exact same Fender amps there for the past year as well, except there has been some movement on the lower priced ones.

I walk into GC and see the same Mesa amps sitting there for a year. The same Marshall amps sitting for a year (except the MG series seems to move).

Line 6 Spiders move, and there has been the initial hype sales on the DT series.

We here in America are in a lost decade and it isn't going to improve for a long time (about 2017).

I'd like to downsize my RM100 LB and dual 212s as well, but honestly? It will cost me just as much to replace it with something smaller. So what's the point in selling? Of course in 6 yrs I might be willing to take the hit.

How do you calcualte 2017, Julistradamos? Are you saying the next president will suck, so we're still 2 away?

This problem can be frustrating but I can assure you that this you will experience with ANY brand of gear right now, not just Randall. Indeed, try selling a used PRS for full value! Les Pauls and Strats still sell for OK prices but they are universal in appeal. Things like the Lynch Box and other great Randall products are more unique and sometimes it just takes more time for the right people to see it. There IS a strong following for these products if you can wait it out. Randall's marketing? It's good to remember that when it comes to the chain/online stores, Marshall, Mesa, Fender, and Vox sell in huge numbers so Randall gets kind of shoved aside, it's a shame but then hey, I'm proud to play these amps because they are fantastic and they have more individuality, so I'm kind of glad that they dont overmarket their gear at Randall, that ensures that we stand out from the crowd! Keep on Rockin'.

Bottom line: even in a good economy there are zones created by distributers and you CANNOT get certain products in certain stores.
This kept Randall MTS out.
So no one heard how good they are.
Dont believe me? Talk to lifers in music retail.
Its a fix.
I buy used: those small mom and pops arent under those screws.

GtrGeorge

PS: Very sad to hear Daddys Junky Music store, a used chain went under last moth after 35 yrs in bizness. They were in the North east.

GtrGeorge! said:
Very sad to hear Daddys Junky Music store, a used chain went under last moth after 35 yrs in bizness.
I bought many memorable guitars and amps from Daddy's in the late 70's and through the 80's when I lived in NH & MA. Even bought my first "real" amp there . . . sad to hear that they're gone. :cry:

While of course they didn't have online stores back in those days, I remember Daddy's as being what Guitar Center is now - both a retail outlet as well as used store; so they must have changed their business model at some point, which was apparently a bad decision . . .

Latest posts