RM20 combo using a seperate amp head for a Power Amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge

Reaction score
I have been considering picking up an RM20 combo.

A couple months ago, I finally found a music store by me that had some MTS gear.

I actually went and brought my cab and guitar with me and hooked up to an RM50.

I absolutely fell in love with the Plexi module. It sounded amazing. For some of the stuff I play, it would need a bit more gain, but I feel pretty confident that if I put my fulltone OCD on the front end it would sound unbelievable.

I tried a few of the other high gain modules, and while I thought they sounded good, nothing I played came close to the tone of the plexi.

At this point however, I already own a Mesa Roadking head and cab. I love that amp and will never part with it.

But for going over friends house or having the ability to get such different sounds from different modules, I have really been thinking about the RM20.

I love that it is light weight and can be easily carried in another room, speaker and all.

If I were to play with drums, or when I record, I plan on using the power amp section of my Roadking using the line out from the RM20. This way I can use the 6L6's or EL34's (Roadking contains both) plus I can use the Mesa cab,

Has anyone else tried something similar. I know my Roadking can do it.

Hell, the Roadking Manual has a section "How to use your Roadking as a power amp".