rm4 into rm20

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj4rd

Reaction score
I love the sound of the rm20 with the EL84s but i didnt like being stuck with one module. So, I am running an rm4 into the effects loop of the rm20 combo and getting great results. Has anyone else tried this setup?

I'm thinking of getting an RM4 and doing the same thing. How does it work? Do you have a clean module on the RM20?

i run the rm4 into the efx return in the rm20....no module in the rm20 at all. so i am using the rm20 as a power amp and speaker.

Awesome. Can you use the knobs on the RM20 or is it just the RM4 that is active? Because the boost comes in handy for solos.

the rm20 presence and density work....i havent tried the boost with the rm4 hooked up. im not sure if the boost would work with that setup or not. with 4 channels i never really need the boost function.

The boost maxes out the amp's master volume, right? So I would imagine being part of the power section it would still work.

Great idea!

I am planning on getting an RM4 to run with my Road King once I get the cash.

With the Roadking you can switch from EL34's to 6L6's in the middle of a song if you want to with the footswitch.

I think this would be a killer application with the RM4.

One of the reasons I am hesitant to do this though is that I know I will blowing my cash on modules every couple months.

There will be no end in sight!

Shinozoku said:
The boost maxes out the amp's master volume, right? So I would imagine being part of the power section it would still work.

The boost on teh RM20 works differently..when it's not engaged, the module volume is the volume control. When the boost is on an extra gain stage is added and the Master Volume on the amp brought into play.

I think the extra gain stage may be bypassed when going into the Series return...not sure though.

Latest posts