SALVATION CUSTOM3 mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
salvation said:
tehuk said:
Might be a noise gate. Salvation usually puts them between those knobs.
Yes, it is noise gate. This is module for Headown here in the forum.
Sascha said me that he even sold his ISP decimator, since he have noise gate on his Salvation modded modules.

Yes, why should I use an extra noise gate ?
Anthony?s noise gate is working perfect for me,
and I hate using another pedal or rack unit.

The ISP is a little more transparent and sensitive than the noise gate I got on a Deadplate II...but really it's adequate.

A noise gate is very necessary with the module though :-/

Whoa! That was amazing. The tone is perfect, the playing was perfect!! Very impressive.

And I have a new standard for guitar tone, that is bloody perfect! :D

Only one very very stupid and dumb question: what's the name of the other song that's played? (in the another MEGA band clip)

I know the riff, just can't remember the name.. :oops:

m0jo said:

Only one very very stupid and dumb question: what's the name of the other song that's played? (in the another MEGA band clip)

Megadeth - Skin o' My Teeth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Ycq0ubZNo ;)

Baco said:
m0jo said:

Megadeth - Skin o' My Teeth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Ycq0ubZNo ;)

Yess! That was it! :D Great riff, somehow it sounds very hard-rocky in that clip, throwing me off. :p

Salvation really created a masterpiece with this module.. like allways actually ;)

I'm a new user of Randall amps. I've been wanting to try them for a long time. I was a Marshall guy for years and started using a Dual Rec., loved the DR but traded it for an RM50 w 2x12 Randall cab and a Custom 3 modded XTC. It absolutely nails the tones of Dave and Marty, and is very versatile also. Not a one trick pony. Ihave Juggernaut to thank for this. I hope the Rectifier is serving you well my friend.

Just got my reverse colour custom 3+ in the mail today!!! AWESOME.
But I must say, when I first plugged it in and tried it out, I really wasn't pleased at all, it had way too much high end and too much noisy, ear-splitting high gain. This was when I had my two 6CA7EHs on the inside and two JJ6L6GCs on the outside. So, I figured the 6L6s were the problem and ditched them out of the amp, left the 6CA7s in the middle and dropped it down to 8 ohms and WOW, what an insane difference......
What power tubes is everyone else using with their custom 3 mod?
I want to buy some more EL34 type tubes now, I don't think I'll ever use 6L6s again..

uh oh, I sold my custom3 off and only used 6L6s!

Great module regardless of the power tube though

Well, I dunno about the "regardless of the power tube" bit.
It's obviously compleeeeetely subjective, but yeah I really didn't enjoy it at all with the 6L6s, too **** harsh! With the 6CA7s, biased pretty hot (43mV, which is the "bias point" that tube depot put on the box/tube as well) it's just **** awesome. Really can't wait to try a mamba! Mamba should work great too, considering a framus cobra originally has EL34s also.

WOW. I see I need to add this module eventually. That sounded spot on to me.

Latest posts