Salvation MAMBA (Cobra based mod)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my hands on a Mamba today

Keep in mind this may be honeymoon bliss, but this module has my brain exploding! Love the ferociousness of the gain...each side of the mid toggle is totally usable and inspiring. Absolutely kills on deep drop tunings, but I'm digging it in E too....seems as though the Framus sound is not for everyone, but for me this Mamba module is exactly what I want! Well done Salvation :shock:

The Mamba is definately one of my favorite modules. I really like the dynamics of the kill switch. Great tone with the gain dimed and the kill switch engaged (pardon the word play). But I also like the mid gain tones with the kill switch off.

ultrase7en said:
The Mamba is definately one of my favorite modules. I really like the dynamics of the kill switch. Great tone with the gain dimed and the kill switch engaged (pardon the word play). But I also like the mid gain tones with the kill switch off.

Does your Mamba have the punch switch? If so, your thoughts. I am getting ready to send off an XTC for the Mamba mod.

My Mamba does not have the punch switch, it has the kill, notch and tight switches. I am not familiar with that option, what does it do?

ultrase7en said:
My Mamba does not have the punch switch, it has the kill, notch and tight switches. I am not familiar with that option, what does it do?

A direct quote from the Salvation mods thread, page 28.

self.-one
RM20

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the new punch is a really cool thing, it makes the sound more brilliant and clearer even with high distortion. the difference is not so obvious to hear as the notch switch but it shifts the sound effectively. haven't used it for mixes so far cause i have that thang just 2 weeks now but i'm totally satisfied with it!
cheers olli