Salvation "Mash Oldano" custom module *CLIP*

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvation

Reaction score
This is custom module for my very good customer Andrew.
His request was: Crossover between Soldano, JCM 800 and Jose.
From my view the famous SLO tone (which I love) is very cleverly modified Marshall, Marshall on steroids.
I did some changes on the circuit and combined some things to blend together aggressivity and gain of SLO and classic Marshall tone.
I did my best and after testing I developed and added extra features.
result is breathtaking module which offers a lot of usable tones.
We call it MASHOLDANO

clip:http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10485853
Features: from left:

DARK/NORMAL/BRIGHT switch.
3 positions: on the Right is BRIGHT, which works like on majority of my modifications and majority of tube amps-this is less to none effective the higher the Gain pot set.
In the middle position is NORMAL setting = bright off.
In the left is new position-DARK. It cuts some highs, which may be very helpfull for some solos. It is similar like when you switch on the neck pickup, or roll off the Tone control on your guitar.

OD BOOST
Gain/tight boost which works only on high gain= overdrive mode. Works like boost pedal in fron of your amp.

VOICING:
offers slight change of mids. Upper position is SLO type midrange, lower position is typical Marshallish tone.

800/HOT 800
Crunch mode switch. Upper position is lower gain JCM800 type tone, lower position is Hotrodded JCM800 tone with touch of Jose mod.

OVERDRIVE
Switch on activates screaming crossover between SLO tone and Marshall tone. Very articulate, dynamic and fat. I would say the best from both worlds.

MashOldano_1_.jpg

MashOldano_2_.jpg

MashOldano_3_.jpg

This is only one custom module, so I am not planning to do soundclips for it.

So, I guess it's gonna be up to me to get sound clips for all the crazy boys and girls. :D I hope Jerome helps me out with some recording time. :wink:

I kinda wanna know what it's gonna cost me too. :lol:

Thanks Anthony! Yet another masterpiece.

Amazing! Just amazing! Possibly the coolest Salvation Mod to date...And I haven't even heard it....

Just a question for Anthony, I have a Mashall+ and Salvado Deluxe - I see that this module is essentially a combo of those two modules...Aside from the OD boost and bright switch - will this get different tones than the other two modules? If so, sign me up!!!!!!

**** it.... I've fallen in love again.....

All I can say is that she's a real beauty :D
Any chance you will make this mod again? :wink:

Total win....I've often thought these two styles of tone sit nicely together.....currently takes two modules to do it and all are kind of cross-ver anyway...

Another killer mod from Salvation I'm sure! 8)

drewiv said:
So, I guess it's gonna be up to me to get sound clips for all the crazy boys and girls. :D I hope Jerome helps me out with some recording time. :wink:

I kinda wanna know what it's gonna cost me too. :lol:

Thanks Anthony! Yet another masterpiece.

You are welcome.
It was pleasure for me, because I am Soldano tone lover,and I love Marshalls too.
I used some ideas I had in my head for years, and this was great opportunity.

Mattfig said:
Amazing! Just amazing! Possibly the coolest Salvation Mod to date...And I haven't even heard it....

Just a question for Anthony, I have a Mashall+ and Salvado Deluxe - I see that this module is essentially a combo of those two modules...Aside from the OD boost and bright switch - will this get different tones than the other two modules? If so, sign me up!!!!!!

Hi Matt.
It IS crossover, but I can say it does have features and combinations what other modules does not have.
OD Boostadds gain and sustain. It wortks slightly similar like KILL switch on Mamba.
3 position Dark/Bright is also innovative. Dark position works great for mellow leads.
These three modules (Salvado, Mash All, MAshOldano) are from the same ballpark, each slightly different and each with its own personality.

salvation said:
m0jo said:
Holy crap, that is a dream mod right there!
Extremely awesome! :D

Love the hybrid name as wel!

It uses half of your design, so it must be awesome!;)
Haha good one! ;)

But really tonewise this rocks!
I'm always layering Salvado and Mash-all together .. it just works somehow.
So to have it in a module is really a dream mod!

Also the new features, bright/dark and OD boost are great!
Innovating as always 8)

This is, bar none, a combo of the two best MTS modules made to date...Mashall and Salvado...Although I have both already I'm already gassin' for the Masholdano...Especially if there's some secret spice in there...

One module to rule them all...

The Salvado Deluxe ruled my MTS rig, and the Mashall + was a close second. This is all kinds of win. Really looking forward to hearing some pro clips of it. I think you should send it to Mike P first and let him do his thang with it ;)

This will be cool to hear the JCM800 tones, then the SLO tones, & I am most curious about the blended tone.

Latest posts