Salvation Mods visiting Michael Wagener?s studio

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if he put that up for Ty Tabor. :D

salvation said:
195.jpg

RADE01 said:
I wonder if Michael uses the stock modules? Or are they even stock?

Beside these Salvation modules I have seen some stock, some Gigmods modds and some Dave Friedman mods.
Under the rack is box full of modules, which are not fitted in the rack.

djdayson said:
No worries (I just got lucky as I hadn't heard about the VM202 yet LOL)!

Have you played the VM202 yet? If yes, thoughts...

chacal said:
Indeed. The VB101 cannot, But the VM202 can. And it is a VB101 in MW's rack... my mistake ;)

So I suppose He send the RM4s in any of the power section of the amplifiers and then the signal go back in the rack to the Torpedo...

I did not play on it. But I actually there met Andrew from Diffusion audio, Torpedo seems to be really good stuff for emulation. Michael was very satisfied with it.

salvation said:
Ada MP1 definitely deserves to be there.
Without digital presets, with common analog pots, without dropouts during switching, without solid-state mode.
But with its unmistakeable sound used on a lot of famous albums.

Dropouts? Seems like Mr Wagener needs to have a tech look at his MP-1
Mine has no dropouts whatsoever

Nightdare said:
salvation said:
Without digital presets, with common analog pots, without dropouts during switching, without solid-state mode.

Yeah, that's odd. I had an original ADA MP-1 in the 80's along with the requisite Carvin FET400 power amp and never had an issue with switching. I used a Rocktron Patchmate back in the day and it was always seamless.

Congrats, Anthony! It's well deserved! :D

Mine both had when switching from the clean tube to overdrive. Or vice versa.

Wagener is known to have recorded his classic albums with the original MP-1. He tried the EPROM upgrade but went back as he didn't like the sound anymore. Definitely up for a module modelling that sound!

Man! Don Vito wears Salvation Mods T-Shirt? Color is very close:)

Btw, limited amount of Salvation Mods T-Shirt are for sale.
Check our website www.salvationmods.com
tshirts_for_sale.jpg

Thanks Anthony, I'll be wanting to try the Torpedo someday as I'm using either the Axe FX Ultra or Altiverb TDM currently for Cab Sims.

salvation said:
djdayson said:
No worries (I just got lucky as I hadn't heard about the VM202 yet LOL)!

Have you played the VM202 yet? If yes, thoughts...

chacal said:
Indeed. The VB101 cannot, But the VM202 can. And it is a VB101 in MW's rack... my mistake ;)

So I suppose He send the RM4s in any of the power section of the amplifiers and then the signal go back in the rack to the Torpedo...

I did not play on it. But I actually there met Andrew from Diffusion audio, Torpedo seems to be really good stuff for emulation. Michael was very satisfied with it.

Michael Wagener here

Thank you all for your kind words.

First: the assistant is NOT FOR SALE. Shani is the engineer here at WireWorld and she is absolutely amazing, so I think I'll rather keep her :D

Tony makes great sounding modules. He takes the stock Randall modules, which can be very similar sounding at times and gives them their own sound, based on original classic amps, and might I say he does that very well.

The setup in my rack is as follows:
Guitar (bass) into Creation Audio Labs MW-1 (check this box out and you will never record another guitar or bass track without it). Boost out of the MW-1 into the Creation Audio Labs "Sentinel", the box with all the red and white buttons at the top. Mine is a special 20 channel version and I can distribute the guitar into 20 amps at the same time, very important for getting sounds quickly in a studio session. You can also reverse polarity for each output and can get rid of hum with the ground switches in every channel. Creation Audio Labs now makes the Sentinel Prime, which basically has two MW-1s built in and goes out to 16 different amps, check it out, it is absolutely awesome for studio (and live) work, no noise, no phase issues, totally pure sound. Contact them and find out more at www.creationaudiolabs.com or call and talk to Sarge (he is the guy who puts on the Nashville Amp expo that Tony was visiting).
From the Sentinel I distribute the signal to all the different RM-4 modules, the Egnater M4 and all the amps/heads in the studio, as well as some combo amps in the tracking room. In the case of the RM4s, I can send to 6 at the same time, to mix different modules together for a layered sound. The 6 RM4 outputs are connected to a highly modified Rane SM26, which you can see on top of the Sentinel, and can be mixed together and then go into one of the RT-2/50 power amps (the Egnater M4 is hooked up directly to the other RT 2/50) and from there to the speaker patchbay at the very bottom of the picture (blue speakon connectors). All the power amp and amp head speaker outputs come together here, and can be sent to any of the cabs in the tracking room, so I can listen from the control room through the mic to compare sounds.

The VB-101 is used as needed as an alternative to a speaker/mic setup or as an addition to fatten u the sounds. I really love that box and if you know me, you also know that I have not yet heard a guitar simulation box that works for me, but the VB-101 (and all the other Two Notes product) really works and sounds great.

The trick with the ADA is to use the original version 1xx software. The version 2.xx software reduced the noise of the unit, but t also didn't sound as deep as the original. We used it together with a McIntosh solid state power amp on all those records. Tony has all the settings for that sound, and I trust he will come up with yet another great module, can't wait.

Now make some noise!!!

Best
Michael
www.michaelwagener.com[/url]

Mattfig said:
Agreed on all accounts...And yes, Michael's Rack of Doom is by far the most impressive MTS endorsement and display ever made...So cool....I would LOVE to see it in person...

I wonder how often he changes tubes?

Come on by any time

Except for the RT 2/50s I have not yet had to change any tubes in the RM4s.

iekobrid said:
I wonder if he put that up for Ty Tabor. :D

salvation said:
In fact, Ty and dUg found the MTS stuff an NAMM here in Nashville when we were doing OGRETONES. We instantly liked it and we each bought a small setup. That's how it started.

salvation said:
RADE01 said:
I wonder if Michael uses the stock modules? Or are they even stock?

Beside these Salvation modules I have seen some stock, some Gigmods modds and some Dave Friedman mods.
Under the rack is box full of modules, which are not fitted in the rack.
Yes, I am also using mods by Pete Turley and Dave Friedman, one can never have enough colors :D

Nightdare said:
salvation said:

Actually mine doesn't either, never had any problems with the setup and I had it for over 25 years now.

Aw man, that's it, now I have to move to the US!
Welcome to the forum Michael!

Wow that Sentinel unit is awesome!
That must make choosing a different setup such a breeze. :)

I still love that Wagener GT, that design really brought out our love for classic cars! :D
That was a lot of fun to make. (as is any design .. but this is yellow, so it's better haha)

salvation said:
During my trip to USA on Nashville Amp Expo exhibiton were invited by our VIP client Michael Wagener to his Wire World studio.
For those who do not know: Michael Wagener is a music producer, mixer, and engineer, best known for his work with many top hard rock and heavy metal bands in the late 80's. Wagener's works have sold over ninetyfour million albums worldwide. Wagener has produced or mixed platinum selling albums by M?tley Cr?e, W.A.S.P., Overkill, Accept, Great White, Stryper, Poison, Keel, Alice Cooper, Extreme, Megadeth, Janet Jackson, Ozzy Osbourne, Dokken, Metallica, White Lion, and Skid Row.
Michael is also president of Double Trouble Productions, Inc.
www.michaelwagener.com
In his famous studio rack, which contains 6 RM4 preamps, and which is called ?RACK OF DOOM? in top position is custom version SALVADO Deluxe module, called Wagener module.
Beside Wagener module Michael already owns Stonerverb module and another special custom module called Wagener GT.

Michael is very cool guy with great sense of humor,his asistent Shani too! We had a lot of fun in his studio. I was surprised how good sounds old 80?s ADA MP1 preamp, so I want to do ADA based module in future:)

We did some photos and Michael checked another Salvation Modules. He was amazed mainly by Mamba and Mash-All+.
Now his Rack of Doom contains another Salvation modules: new DUOPLEX and MAMBA Limited Edition gold.
Michael also checked Mash-All+ and told it nails all these Marshall tones very well, so he immediatelly ordered Mash All+ too.
I am sure that such a preson like MW should really know Marshall tones, so I am pretty honoured by his comment and order.

I asked Michael about some recordings where he used Salvation modules. His answer was simple: on all of them. His favorite module is still Soldano based Wagener module. Michael told that this is his main module used on all rhythm guiatr parts from recorder in last 2 years.
Instead of usual samples now you can listen Salvation module in top professional recording and mix.
Marija : http://youtu.be/r3DL9qzmXOQ
Lordi: http://youtu.be/zDCnJX-XybY

some photos from Wire World studios:
Anthony and MW:
MW_T_wall_of_doom.jpg

Rack of doom:
MW_Wall_of_doom.jpg

Nashville_trip_2011_10_.jpg

Nashville_trip_2011_7_.jpg

Nashville_trip_2011_6_.jpg

Anthoni and Michaels assistant Shani Gandhi
T_Shani_Wall_of_doom.jpg