Salvo or JF?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymzrock

Reaction score
I already have the craving, and you guys have absolutely sold me on the idea of modded, Modded, MODDED! So I GOTTA ask...RVerb or StonerVerb...MarkUs or MarkX? With the prices being such a spread, the father of five in me says JF. I have heard nothing but good (great) things about both of these guys and I don't want to start any bashing or dredge up "chicken or the egg" stuff. I just want to know from the players here not which is better, because we know that's all individual. But would a purchase of one leave me wishing for the other, or the other way around wishing Ida saved some money for more mods because it's really that competitive? (ie: Badass) Do y'all get what I'm saying? Mind you, I've read prior threads and know I'm treading on a volcano, but as a new fan and proud user I want the best bang. Is Salvation truly worth TWICE or more? Speaking from a tone perspective. I'm trying hard not to say the wrong thing here, and one day I will probably have a few of each. I don't wanna be a pill, really...a few hundred bucks is better than a few thousand sure, but it's still a few hundred bucks. Oh hell, y'all know the point I'm dancing around here. Help shed some light if you will.

I'm not getting in the middle of that mess, other than to say .....my MarkX f**cking rocks. There is no way you could be disappointed with that mod!

Tone is always up to the player. With modules I think you just have try them all. I know I have and will keep doing so. Sometimes I get them more than a few times.

I think that's what I'll have to do, just give em a whirl. I was mostly asking because of money, naturally it's easier to come up with less than more. maybe in a few years I'll be a seasoned cat here and just own every mod out there (Fig). There's always next tax season!

I don't think Salvations really cost twice or more. (unless JF has really dumped his prices.. idk)
It's probably best to request a price list from Anthony to see actual prices for all mods. That way you can make a fully informed decision.

All I can say is I've been using Salvo's for a long while now and they absolutely rock. They make this the best amp I've ever heard *period* They also record extremely well, I love the great options on them. All of that is very usable and means you can really make your amp yours.

What is very important to me as well is the attention to detail that goes into each Salvation mod. Of course I see some of the process of creating new mods, and I can tell you a lot of work goes into making them absolutely the best they can be.
And before anyone says "well you're biased" ... I'm also just a player like all of you and wouldn't play on anything that isn't top-notch. ;)

Jaymzrock said:
I think that's what I'll have to do, just give em a whirl. I was mostly asking because of money, naturally it's easier to come up with less than more. maybe in a few years I'll be a seasoned cat here and just own every mod out there (Fig). There's always next tax season!
I feel ya on the money side. That is a cool thing about this forum. If you spend the money on one good modded module you can usually trade it for another. Or even trade with a bit more money later and get a more expensive one. Sometimes I would trade for ones I wasnt completely into getting but did just to try them and move on.

"But would a purchase of one leave me wishing for the other?"

Of course it would. Has the purchase of a guitar ever left you wanting another guitar? There is nothing wrong with you. You are perfectly normal. You need both mods more than your kids need shoes.

I have many mods of many flavors from both Jaded Faith and Salvation Mods...They each have their own thing going on as they are two different modders' takes on various tones...You can't go wrong with either side and the quality from either modder should make you very happy...Both also keep resale value over time too so you can flip 'til you have what you were after...

Good luck!

My personal experience so far is simply hit-or-miss.

I have found average - average - average sound then 1 awesome!!! module.

Try many and look to pick up on the deals when you can. You can always sell modules you don't like.

I don't think any of the big modders here will let you down.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the input and am optimistic about the badassery going on around here. All the modders have so much to offer I kinda got into a tailspin daydreaming about it. Well, I've gotta get back to actually playing!
Cheers all!

Mikal69 said:
JF=MarkX
Salvo=Stonerverb,

Yup. I have both. You can't go wrong with either modder.

I will say however, that JF mods sound best at gigging volumes. The louder they get, the better they sound. They just beg to be cranked.

wesarvin said:
I will say however, that JF mods sound best at gigging volumes. The louder they get, the better they sound. They just beg to be cranked.

I agree 100% they really breathe, and fatten up even more when you get volume up. Rob told me this is the way he designs them as well, So that is a great observation.

LunatiBSW said:
wesarvin said:

I agree 100% they really breathe, and fatten up even more when you get volume up. Rob told me this is the way he designs them as well, So that is a great observation.

Same here. Louder is better :D
I'm sure with either modder you couldn't go wrong. With that being said if price is somewhat of an issue then I say go with JF. I'm 2 mods in and just sent a 3rd for him to do his magic to. :D And I don't foresee the current 2 leaving my collection or anticipate the 3rd one leaving either.

LunatiBSW said:
wesarvin said:

Same here. Louder is better :D
I'm sure with either modder you couldn't go wrong. With that being said if price is somewhat of an issue then I say go with JF. I'm 2 mods in and just sent a 3rd for him to do his magic to. :D And I don't foresee the current 2 leaving my collection or anticipate the 3rd one leaving either.

I think the price perception with the Salvation stuff does hve to due with the fact that in most cases we see the Salvos sell very close to the price of the mod if initially purchased from Salvation whereas,often we see JF,GM or SG modules very cheap in the classifieds.It stands to reason these modules are going to sound better with volume,tube amps have always been that way...but the queation asked is a particularly sensative subject and I dont know that you could get a truly honest answer,and we all know that tone is subjective........It all comes down to you really....You'll just have to do what we all do....find sounds clips to decide and good ole fashion trial and error,which is part of the fun of owning the mts amps,but could also be seen as a drawback by some....

I've had good luck buying and selling from the classifieds here.

It pretty much comes down to being willing to eat the cost of shipping and you can try just about any module that comes up. I've either gotten my money back on resale or it cost me no more than shipping one way.

It really is a pretty cool system we've adapted. There are a few mods I let go of I wouldn't mind getting again though.

I've never played through any Salvation mods but have four Jaded Faith mods and could not be any more satisfied. With Rob's modules, I've got clean/Marshall and Soldano tones covered and also have Rob's OD Special which is such a unique and amazing module that I can't imagine ever giving it up. His work is truly professional and some of the best tones I have ever heard.