Salvo or JF?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamner1 said:
LunatiBSW said:
wesarvin said:
I will say however, that JF mods sound best at gigging volumes. The louder they get, the better they sound. They just beg to be cranked.

I agree 100% they really breathe, and fatten up even more when you get volume up. Rob told me this is the way he designs them as well, So that is a great observation.

Same here. Louder is better :D
I'm sure with either modder you couldn't go wrong. With that being said if price is somewhat of an issue then I say go with JF. I'm 2 mods in and just sent a 3rd for him to do his magic to. :D And I don't foresee the current 2 leaving my collection or anticipate the 3rd one leaving either.
Any module is better at gigging volume. ;) That's the nature of tube amps..

The Salvations start ripping too at higher volumes. More dynamic, breathing, depth .. whatever you want to call it. :D
I especially love the Mash-all and Salvado there! They really grow into those classic tones at higher volumes.

That said, MTS is known for sounding very good at lower volume too.

If $ is a concern like it is with most of us, you really should just buy used. I truly think all the modders do great work. I only have the 2 in my sig, and plan on more. But they are both great modules. Rob at Jadedfaith is really great to work with, will answer all your questions, and try to get it as fast as possible. And I think the prices are good. My GIgmods SL+ is a really great module as well and is a little diferent than robs jcm take on the 1959rr plat mod. The mids are a a bit lower on the SL and it is a little more aggressive sounding whereas the 1959 jcm side sizzlles in the higher end. Plus it sits back just slightly when comparing the 2. So I guess the bottom line is you really just need to here them for yourself. Buy one at a time, keep it or flip it, buy another ect..