• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Payment Pending!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBrewtus

Reaction score
I said it would never leave but its time for this module to move
on where it gets more attention. I love it and it sounds killer but
I need to try more modules. haha So here you go. I had Hilligan
build this for me earlier this year. Had a ultra bright blue l.e.d
installed.
This one is called the SNORKELER.
It can get snarly and nasty with a vicious top end bite. Has that
killer Bogner character. Can be used on low gain for a more
vintage vibe. It doesnt clean up too well but super fun.
Can be had with a big variety of knobs. My own shotgun shell,
black or blue chicken heads, stockers, or the ones you see in
the picture.
$225 shipped, insured and tracked. PP gift but would love to trade for any Friedman
Brown Eye, Hairy Brown Eye, Black Eye or C45
DSC04481.jpg

Would like to try Sacred Groove modules that I haven't tried too.
http://gallery.me.com/jeffhilligan#100521
Cool clip but doesnt show just how versatile it can be. :wink:

Listen to AIC where Jerry was using a Bogner Fish preamp. lol
Most youtube clips Ive seen of this mod doesnt quite do it justice
but I will find some for you.

If you are interested in a judge module GTO then I'm your man! I doubt you are though so bump for ya.

Kapo_Polenton said:
If you are interested in a judge module GTO then I'm your man! I doubt you are though so bump for ya.
I will consider it. Always wanted to try that one. Gave up on it because
it was such a new and expensive stocker.

BigBrewtus said:
Trades anyone?

Big Brewt! I cant believe you are parting with this one! lol, I have also looked at trading mine, just for a change here and there. But if you want the best Friedman module, get a Judge!! Trust me...Your tastes are similar to mine- The Judge is like a "brown eye" with a saturation switch. It is my main module and has a killer "feel" to it.

For anyone considering the Snorkeler here in a trade- It is amazing! You will not be disappointed if you like thick hot rodded tones. Its more Egnater style than Randall with the voicing.

rblyn said:
BigBrewtus said:
Trades anyone?

Big Brewt! I cant believe you are parting with this one! lol, I have also looked at trading mine, just for a change here and there. But if you want the best Friedman module, get a Judge!! Trust me...Your tastes are similar to mine- The Judge is like a "brown eye" with a saturation switch. It is my main module and has a killer "feel" to it.

For anyone considering the Snorkeler here in a trade- It is amazing! You will not be disappointed if you like thick hot rodded tones. Its more Egnater style than Randall with the voicing.
I know I am crazy but my taste in tone are changing. Just like I gave up Fender cleans. It is one killer module and I am sure to be in the need for another some day but for now it must go. I am definitely down for a Judge/Snorkeler trade. Kapo decided to keep his and tweak it. I recently picked up a Friedman mod and want to try more. I wanted to try SG module too but since he has announced an absence his mods are high commodity.

I changed two values on my judge.... NOW it's a contender... see my other thread. Bigbrewtus, 300$ is expensive but hell most of the signature stockers were up around this for the longest time and this one is probably worth it. If you can unload the snorkeler , consider it. Especially now with the "juror" mod!

There's also a judge module for sale in the classifieds right now... 265$ . Maybe get him down a bit?

Kapo_Polenton said:
I changed two values on my judge.... NOW it's a contender... see my other thread. Bigbrewtus, 300$ is expensive but hell most of the signature stockers were up around this for the longest time and this one is probably worth it. If you can unload the snorkeler , consider it. Especially now with the "juror" mod!

There's also a judge module for sale in the classifieds right now... 265$ . Maybe get him down a bit?
Good to hear you sweetened it up. The JUROR mod. Hmmm...... :D Then I would need a Mr. Scary with the Convict mod. :wink: :lol:

Kapo_Polenton said:

I dont know....I would have a hard time spending... $300 on a module that you have to mod....probably just buy a modded one for aorund that and be happier...Suprised this Snorkler hasnt sold yet...Its a killer module

To be honest, I like the modules I have modded myself best... a modded module doesn't always make it better. More gain stages can become tricky.... a nice straight up mod with a part swap here or there can be killer. The judge happened to cost 300$ but the brahma i did my "Mr BRownstone" mod to sounds amazing and I got it for 140$. It all evens out in the wash! I like modded modules too but just saying if you like the base tone and want just a tad more oomph, swapping caps out for 0$ or a few bucks ain't the end of the world.

And a "convict" mod to the Mr. Scary could be a bright cap here and a cap to tighten there and bingo!

WEll,that is subjective I suppose......and with modules it is a crap shooot becasue you cant really try them out first...some of our memebers are really good about posting clips,which can help......I dont know which modded modules you have tried,but 99% of the modded modules I have heard or played sound way better then stockers....I just wouldnt see the point in spending $300 on a module knowing you probably wouldnt be happy with it stock when for around that or a few bucks more and a little clips searching you could find something that sounds alot better...but again,this is all subjective..there are planty of guys that are pleased with a stock SL,etc....but for me,after playing the Mashaldano and owning a real jcm800 or Soldano,the rest just dont come close.....but this is just my experience....thats the fun and cool thing about mts,there are no set rules and you get great tones for comparativley little money

Latest posts