• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*** SOLD ***

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guiness for Strength

Reaction score
Hello,
I had an Ultra Module modded by Pete Turley. It worked perfectly and sounded fantastic. I then decided to sell off all my MTS gear as I am not in a band and the RM50 tube flamethrower was not getting the use it needs, sitting quietly in my home.

So I sold this module to someone on this board, but when he got it it would not work. the light came on, but no sound. He tried it in different amps and changing the tubes, but still nothing. I refunded his money and he sent it back to me. I tried cleaning the connectors and I took it to a shop with MTS amps, but still no sound.

I could send this back to Pete Turley to check out, but frankly I'm lazy and I want to be done with it. Besides, someone out here in MTS land might know how to fix this.

What's wrong with the module? I have no idea! Is it a bad pot? Definitely maybe! But whatever it is might be an easy fix that you can make quickly and cheaply. I cannot fix it as my technical expertise is exactly zilch. To me guitar amplifiers are mysterious machines that when you plug into them, then strum the strings, magically wonderful sound comes out the speakers! For all I know there is a Flintstones scenario where a small bird squaks and farts into a microphone to my guitar chords, that lives inside the amp. If we were to ever see him he'd shrug and say, "Eh, it's a living!" then we'd hear canned laughter. You folks out there that don't mistake a soldering iron for an "electric pencil" might have more luck. (Is the bird in the module sleeping? I don't know, but you might!)

The price is $125.00, and sold as is. Price includes shipping to Continental USA via Priority Mail. You can email me at:
[email protected], or PM me here if you are interested.

Randall-Ultra.gif

If Pete is up for checking this out standing behind it if you're not "wanting to deal with it anymore", I'll take it off your hands - as long as he'll look at it :)

Andy - I offered for you to send it to me to be checked out on May 30th when I got your email. Offer still stands, sorry about the issues you're having. Hate to see you lose about 1/2 of the module's value.

Now, if Andy is just tired of messing with it and has to sell it asap.... read below.

If the module not working is from the work I did on it (a part that I put in went bad, or even a part came loose that I installed) then I'll fix it for whoever buys it no problem. Typical warranty deal, just you'll have to pay shipping back to you from me. I would bet this is what is going on - you knock something around enough in shipping, wiring and components can get loose. Especially when you have extra switches and wiring going on that aren't stock. Not to say my mods are especially fragile, but you do need to be careful when you ship any MTS stuff. I've had modules come in that had one or both thumbscrews out of the module - like it was shaken so badly on a plane or truck that it vibrated out of the chassis face.

Me fixing something like the above does NOT cover when people open it up and mess with it - mods or removal of parts to have a better look at the mod. Taking off the tube shield and changing tubes doesn't count.

Please understand that 'standing behind it' means standing behind the work I did on it - my mods only. Anything else goes out, I can probably fix it, but you'll need to likely pay for my bench time at least. If it's not a 'warranty fix' I'll let whoever knows at that point so they can do what they need to do.

Pete

Sounds good to me!

If he's up for it Pete, I'll gladly pay the $125 to have it shipped to your address to be looked at and fixed if it has not been tampered with. But on that note, can you tell by looking at a few good pictures of the board itself via guiness to see if everything looks like your work before I even pay the $125 and find out it isn't covered?

Let me know - I can send him payment today and pay for the shipment back to me from you.

I've always wanted to check out one of your mods! :lol:

I'll have to pass on the pictures, I'm sure Andy hasn't done anything to it. I just didn't want someone to whip out a module I did years ago and have me 'fix' it after it was messed with by someone else.

Pete