What is your "cold dead hands" module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!! Right back at you! I have to say there's some real true blue guys on here and a lot right in this very thread 8)

Yes, the Dr (Salvado Deluxe) is amazing. It leaves nothing to be desired. Absolutely my go to module.

Jacksauce said:
Thanks guys!! Right back at you! I have to say there's some real true blue guys on here and a lot right in this very thread 8)

Yes, the Dr (Salvado Deluxe) is amazing. It leaves nothing to be desired. Absolutely my go to module.

The Dr is special. It was better than the other one I tried. I believe it's slightly different because it's built on an Egnater board. That thing is Bad.

I have to say my custom JF 59RR.
It will never leave my possession.

This is like Sophie's Choice :cry: ...I have to go with my Stonerverb Starz
I hope the Mamba forgives me :shock:

The Sacred Grooves MK22, hands down.

Rock: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/cryogenic.mp3

Blues rock: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/paradisecove.mp3

Indie: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/whothat.mp3

Southern Rock: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/huntingdog.mp3

70's rock: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/streetracer.mp3

Mike P said:
The Sacred Grooves MK22, hands down.

Rock: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/cryogenic.mp3

Blues rock: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/paradisecove.mp3

Indie: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/whothat.mp3

Southern Rock: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/huntingdog.mp3

70's rock: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/streetracer.mp3

Plus, dime the gain in 2204 mode and you have a razor-tight metal tone.

drewiv said:
The Dr is special. It was better than the other one I tried. I believe it's slightly different because it's built on an Egnater board. That thing is Bad.

I noticed the Egnater board! I agree, just have to think it's base components are better to start with. My RM22 is Rhequiem's too :D

I have to confess, I made a Mike P playlist. Mike you make some incredible recordings! Really wanting to try an SG MK22. I'm a pretty big fan of the Rhoadie at the moment.

Ray, the Mamba has no mercy :lol: I really miss mine

OK, for gain down to Camerock for most everything or XMG+ for sheer brutality...

For cleans, it's always been my own shitmod clean...I use the treble position (bridge pickup) almost exclusively live and just dialed the Clean in until it sounded like the mid position (Bridge and Neck Pickups) or as close as I could get it...It's not a great mod per se, but it does that job very well...That's all I need...Recording cleans lately have been all JF PlexiTweed...

Right now 59RR, but I reserve the right to change my mind after my custom JF Brahma arrives. :lol:

I currently have a Randall bagful plus two in the head that I won't sell....

Top two would probably be a shootout between the Gigmods Mark Series and the Salvation Camerock.

My JF Mark X is just sooooooo "my tone". It has great tubes, great tuning, and it absolutely slays. Sounds awesome in different ways with 3 of my favorite guitars, while still retaining that great cali crunchy hi-gain.
For when the HEAVY **** breaks down a bit, the JF XMG+ takes care of any of my other metal-tone. Super thick and saturated..... but fast. I like alot of the mods ive tried, but these really nail it most of the time for me. Different flavors are fun as well, thats whats tight about MTS. I always have a hard time choosing which amp to jam on between the MTS stuff and my KranK heads.

I would have trouble parting with several I own, but the number one, go to module for me is my SG modded SL+.

No bells and whistles, just great Marshall tone that is very close to THE sound in my head.

Hamner1 said:
Right now 59RR, but I reserve the right to change my mind after my custom JF Brahma arrives. :lol:

I have been wanting to try the 59RR to see how it hangs with my JF Brahma. I am guessing that they would overlap quite a bit. I am waiting to hear your thoughts.

My Brahma has a push / pull boost on the gain knob and then whatever else Rob does on the inside. Nothing else. He did update it a year or so ago and it came back even better.

Salvation Salvado Deluxe - its so good I actually use two in my live rig - one set for Rhythm and one set for a lead channel (just a little different eq'ing, gain and volume levels). It is the one module that I will never be without

eyeball987 said:
Hamner1 said:

I have been wanting to try the 59RR to see how it hangs with my JF Brahma. I am guessing that they would overlap quite a bit. I am waiting to hear your thoughts.

My Brahma has a push / pull boost on the gain knob and then whatever else Rob does on the inside. Nothing else. He did update it a year or so ago and it came back even better.

I got the idea of the push/pull from your posts. Mine will be a stage 2/3 gain stage switch. Then base mod & saturation trim pot for a little more sear.

For live work: stock Plexi
For studio: Salvation's OR120 clone..I can wrangle anything out of it!

GtrGeorge

For me, if only one then probably my Matchless Chieftain module as it can do Vox chime and/or Marshall grind, plus it takes pedals very well.

Obviously I'd probably not use MTS at all if restricted to only one module as having multiple preamps available is the beauty of MTS.

GtrGeorge! said:
For live work: stock Plexi
For studio: Salvation's OR120 clone..I can wrangle anything out of it!

GtrGeorge