Where do you run your treble and presence?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbause

Reaction score
I've noticed my rig sounds best, with my treble set between 0 and 2 and the presence totally off as well.

Anyone else running it like this?

This is with my Edwards LP>>RM50 6L6>>Randall 412 V30/G12H30.

And the only way I can run the RM50 through my VHT 412 (V30/Greenback)is with the treble and presence both at 0.

So yeah anyone else have these results?

My treble usually does not go past noon, presence off, but around the noon mark seems to work well and balanced with my guitar and cab

audioholic said:
My treble usually does not go past noon, presence off, but around the noon mark seems to work well and balanced with my guitar and cab

What kind of guitar/speakers/power tubes etc?

I've found this to be true on most of my modules.
It took me awhile to find these settings cuz honestly its just strange for me to have the treble that low, but it seems to work best this way.

I generally run my treble between 1 and 2 o'clock, similar for presence

I'm not sure of many applications where I would set my treble down to just above zero- not even my smooth jazz neck pickup settings go that deficient in treble/presence

I'm running presence at 9:00 and the treble usually at 1:30 on the modules with the mids at 1:00. Resonance at 10:30 and bass at 11:00. Works for me.

Presence off to 9 o'clock...

Treble depends a lot on the module and the guitar..KH2/KH3 can go up a ways without getting harsh..but never usually more than 2 o'clock in general.

i have to run my presence at at least 3 o clock or it sound like a blanket over the speakers. i keep hearing how every one else's is so low, seems strange to me, i have an early production rm100 though. don't need much density at all either maybe 9 o clock tops

maximus1 said:
i have to run my presence at at least 3 o clock or it sound like a blanket over the speakers. i keep hearing how every one else's is so low, seems strange to me, i have an early production rm100 though. don't need much density at all either maybe 9 o clock tops
+1 on the presence. I keep that and the Density about 2 to 3 oclock. I like that "cranked" feeling the amp gives when running this high. Really has a good cutting tone. I ran both my Lynch boxes the same level. Guess my ears are locked in on that setting?? :wink:

JKD said:
Presence off to 9 o'clock...

Treble depends a lot on the module and the guitar..KH2/KH3 can go up a ways without getting harsh..but never usually more than 2 o'clock in general.
I just tried that on my Plexi with the treble and the presence at 9 and what a difference! Sound a lot fuller to my ears.

Mailman1971 said:
maximus1 said:
+1 on the presence. I keep that and the Density about 2 to 3 oclock. I like that "cranked" feeling the amp gives when running this high. Really has a good cutting tone. I ran both my Lynch boxes the same level. Guess my ears are locked in on that setting?? :wink:

This is exactly how I run my RM20. It sounds muffled when I have the presence dialed back lower than 9 o'clock. I ran my RM100 the same way when I had it. I have been experimenting with opposing settings on the presence and treble, though; when one is set high, I set the other lower and vice versa. I get more tone options this way.

That is what I think is SOOO COOL about these MTS amps. 2 people can have RM100's and one guy is totally County/blues and the other guy is strictly Metal/hard rock and its all done thru the same amp by switching the modules. Even with most heads are Boutique style they still have a certain "sound" that puts it to that amp. But here........you get the Best of EVERYTHING.
One thread I am talking about bluesy Marshall tones with the JTM and in the same breath talking about Hard core metal with the 1086.
This is my 5th time with the MTS and was always looking for the "next better thing" and it was in my hands the whole time!
You just gotta love this!! :p

I run the presence and density around 12:00 really opens it up and sounds wicked.I do this with both the Mod 50 and 100 and the RT2/50

I love my Rm4 and Rt2/50...but I find it VERY piercing in the High end..and the density control is nice to have but I use very little of it.
But then again..I'm not like alot of players here.
I dont use active pickups, and I dont tune down. I think alot of the High gain players are into an extreme kind of EQ (generally speaking)..sort of reminds me of the 80s when alot of people wanted to sound like chain-saws. We all look back and laugh.
But hey..everybody can dial it in anyway they want..thats what makes it fun.

Depends on which guitar I'm using and which module as well........I had the Presence off for a while.....but know I'm experimenting with it again from 0 to noon....I run the treble 12-2 o'clock depending..

shred-o-holic said:
Depends on which guitar I'm using and which module as well........I had the Presence off for a while.....but know I'm experimenting with it again from 0 to noon....I run the treble 12-2 o'clock depending..
Same, but after working with miking my cab, I've started running my presence around 1 o'clock too. Personally I think it needs it to sound a bit more alive. I may change my mind next week though :lol:

i run the treble and presence extremely high, at about 3 o'clock ... unless i couldnt hear anything in the mix of the band ... :(