XTC sample clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my stock XTC in a new song I'm trying to finish. I boosted it with a MXR Micro Amp. I haven't swapped any components, although it came with 1000pf at C3.

The clip starts about mid-intro and goes to the beginning of the 2nd verse. It's called Never Enough.

Let me know what you think. :wink:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=754138&content=music

Great clip. really like the tight rhythm tone you got there. i gues the micro Amp can tighten up the lows a bit.
Thanks for the clip, how about some lead tones with that?

Thanks! The Micro Amp works well with high gainers. It's a clean boost, so there's a little more of everything.

I haven't really found a lead tone yet. I always liked Queensryche Mindcrime/Empire lead tones and I think the SL+ will get me close to that with the right pedal.

Cool stuff. I love my XTC and this is a good sample of it. I've been meaning to do one too.

I really liked the song. The performance is excellent,too. It sound like drop D...but I could be wrong. It is drop-something,though.
I think it could even be improved with someout-there dynamics...or some sort of change up in time. You clearly have the chops, and the tones....but I am sure if you dig even deeper into who you are you will ABSOLUTELY scare everyone with an amazing song.
You are so close.
What are you doing for a singer?

Thanks a lot, George! :D

The tuning is C# standard. This song has been an issue for me, as far as, arrangement, lead/no lead, tempo change...? I think I finally got it, though. Maybe, by the end of the weekend I'll have the music finished and recorded. The drums need a little work.

Vocals will be done by a few fellow Detroiters. I'll add background and harmony lines here and there, but don't expect to hear too much L.Vox from me...LOL.

Ironically, I sold my XTC tonight. I'm going back to the Grail-Plate for crunchy growl tones. :evil:

Not too often I chime in about a clip, but that sounds great. I loved both versions of that, maybe the XTC over the Treadplate. I think Denny just bought your XTC and I hope to come by and check it out this weekend. It's been forever since I played a stock XTC!

Jaded Faith said:
Not too often I chime in about a clip, but that sounds great. I loved both versions of that, maybe the XTC over the Treadplate. I think Denny just bought your XTC and I hope to come by and check it out this weekend. It's been forever since I played a stock XTC!

Sweet man, thanks a lot! I'm hoping to finish/record that song shortly. Denny seems pretty stoked about the XTC and it's on it's way as of today.

khingpynn said:
Nice tracks great tones liked the SL+ the most... i hear a little Jake in your playing... very cool!

Yep, I love the SL+. Jake? You're the 1st to say that. Hmm, interesting, never really studied him, although I thought he was cool, but Lynch was always in the forefront by a few miles...LOL.

Thanks for chimin in bro.

I think boosting it was the key there...even then still sounds a little tubby/woofy in the chuggy bits....but am wondering if that's the mix and/or bass guitar contributing to that?

Anyway, overall sounds pretty good...was gonna say it sounded like heavy Q'Ryche but you already pointed it out ;)

Dude your stuff always amazes me. Now im gonna have to buy an XTC, I traded one awhile back for a treadplate, before i knew how my RM100 even really worked LOL.

Sounds killer, still love the Sl+

Thanks for the clips.

**** dude....that was sick as hell. Your rhythm tone that starts at 39 seconds on that clip is pretty much what I am looking for. What pre's and power tubes are you running in your head and what speakers in the cab? Nice job man...

I hope you don't mind me asking but... what did you use to lay the drums down? They are programmed aren't they? They sound great! I need the hook up on whatever it is.

trendkill1168 said:
**** dude....that was sick as hell. Your rhythm tone that starts at 39 seconds on that clip is pretty much what I am looking for. What pre's and power tubes are you running in your head and what speakers in the cab? Nice job man...

Thanks! I think, I had EHs in the module and JJEL34Ls in my power amp. Speaker I used was a G12T75 in a 4x12. :wink:

tonymustang302 said:
WTF, how did you get the XTC to sound that mean?

I don't know man. I think I posted what I used in my original post. The clip is double tracked. That was a big part, I'm sure. I think the XTC is good for recording because it doesn't have as much perceivable gain as others, so when double tracked the tone comes out clearer, tighter, and meaner. :evil:

james.fugate said:
I hope you don't mind me asking but... what did you use to lay the drums down? They are programmed aren't they? They sound great! I need the hook up on whatever it is.

Ahh, the drums! Well, that's a secret....that can be found at toontrack.com. :wink:

Nice! good playing and good studio work, I really liked the way you double tracked it towards the middle of the track. All those pinch harmonics remind me of Dimebag Darrell off of Far Beyond Driven.