• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Buyer Beware - Riff19

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpadilla128

Reaction score
Guys,

Want to give everyone else here a heads up on my experience with Riff19. I purchased a RM50 from him. I found the for sale ad here and we moved the transaction over to ebay.

When the item arrived today, it was POORLY packaged. After opening the box, I quickly realized that the box fan located in the 2nd module slot was missing! Just an empty spot and two wires dangling. The amp did not come with a power cord either!

Here is his ad. Take note that it reads as like new condition.:

riff19.jpg

Here is the missing box fan:

rm501.jpg

rm502.jpg

rm503.jpg

have you addressed the issue(s) with him, and if so what was the outcome?

Riff19 is not willing to make it right. I have opened a case with ebay. I sent a message today and here is an excerpt of his response:

"As for my item description, my ad did not state a
generic power cord was included, nor cooling fan.
Head only."

A cooling fan is an integral part of the amp. If it is not required, then why did Randall design the amp with it? It's not like the cooling fan is an optional item you can add on to the amp.

jpadilla128 said:
Head only."

A cooling fan is an integral part of the amp. If it is not required, then why did Randall design the amp with it? It's not like the cooling fan is an optional item you can add on to the amp.

Yeah that's very sly of him to say "oh I never said it had a fan".
You're right it's an integral part of the design, and you shouldn't have to questions it's inclusion!
A replacement fan would be very cheap, and easy to fit, but now who's to say there isn't anything else missing!
You should, at the very least, get a partial refund from this.

You are absolutely right. His integrity is now in question. Who knows what else is missing.

I've had transactions with others here on the board and they all have been great.

jpadilla128 said:
Riff19 is not willing to make it right. I have opened a case with ebay. I sent a message today and here is an excerpt of his response:

Head only."

A cooling fan is an integral part of the amp. If it is not required, then why did Randall design the amp with it?
It's not like the cooling fan is an optional item you can add on to the amp.
Come of Riff19!!! It is clear that "like new" means that all of the components are present. A new unit is complete and not missing parts.
On top of that all of the parts are deemed to be in "like new condition".
You also make the statement that it has "no issues". This is not good business.
Now I would say that in order to make things right you need to at least hook a brother up with a fan. Power cords are cheap as well.
I don't need to tell you what you need to do. That is all you. We are all friends here.
Keep the positive energy flowing...Peace...
:) :)

Yeah....That's a pretty shitty deal man...I've dealt with him before and had no problems....Let's give him a chance to make it right before any judgements are made...

riff19 the board has spoken: make it right or lose your good standing...If you have more MTS to sell in the future, you're gonna need us....Think....

jpadilla128 said:
At least he was nice enough to include the optional transformer, huh? :lol:

I don't know the details, but I've had good deals with riff19. A missing fan is far from cool. I'll let the power cord slide - we all have 10 of them not in use laying around.

I hope in the end all is made right.

"...that would be fan-tastic."

It's like the end of The Usual Suspects, where the cop sees the pieces of the story. All the clues were there! :/

Not a good situation at all but I've had several good deals both as a buyer and seller with riff19. Communication was spotty on a couple of occasions but otherwise the transactions were good. Hope this all works out.

Quick update. I bought a Salvado Deluxe from riff19 last friday, he shipped on moday and it arrived today. Sounds great BTW.
Mayby it was a one-off and be made right.

The amp was boxed, padded and shipped by Fedex as per their guidelines for the weight and insured value of the amp. I oversaw the amp was packed well.

My Ebay description was for a USED head only. It didn't say a power cord was included, or cooling fan.

I've done a dozen deals on these forums, and a couple hundred on Ebay with no problems.

Thank you for the votes of confidence.

You could have convinced people on the missing power cord, but removing the fan without mention is just not right. I'm sure you have the missing items laying in a box of parts in your garage- go ship it out asap before you embarrass yourself any further

crankyrayhanky said:
You could have convinced people on the missing power cord, but removing the fan without mention is just not right. I'm sure you have the missing items laying in a box of parts in your garage- go ship it out asap before you embarrass yourself any further

I have to say I agree. I said in my first post the missing cord really isn't a big deal. We all have a few laying around not in use and if we don't it's $5 to replace. The cooling fan is kind of part of the amp. I know you didn't say "head with cooling fan," but that is implied. Especially with the description of "near mint." I know I'd be pretty Tee'd off if I received an amp without a cooling fan. Please, let's make this right. We've had good deals before, it would be a shame to ruin a reputation on a cooling fan. Peace.

I'm new here but would have to agree that communicating exactly what is in the sale is the only honest way to do it. Fan is definitely an integral part of the amp as much as a xformer, pots, or an input. Easier to fix/change, yes, but still integral to the original proper working of the amp. Buyer shouldn't have to ask if that's part of the sale. That's like saying a guitar is in great playing condition but shows up without tuners. It's implied that it came with all the parts to play it.. Definitely should have been communicated in the original ad and should be made right now.[/b]

I know already made this point in my first post - albeit in a sarcastic manner . . . but yes - in selling a "like new" amp without the cooling fan, you might as well be selling it without the transformer, or the filter caps, or the <...>, <...>,

Latest posts