Video editing freeware?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
What is an easy to use editing software I can download for free?

I want to make some comparison clips and would like to be able to cut and paste multiple shots together to make the video easier to watch and be shorter. Take out the parts with me walking back and forth to swap modules, turning the camera on and off, etc...

+ 1 but i think you can use something like reaper to edit your vid and synch it to the audio after the fact.. OR you use windows media movie maker or editer for that and synch the audio from your reaper or other program to capture the sound.

Yeah I think Windows movie maker would work.
I found this link that might help for other options.
http://savedelete.com/best-free-windows-video-editing-software.html

Sony Vegas is free for 30 days- cool program and real intuitive
I winded up buying it for like $50 after the trial

I think for what you want to do Virtualdub is enough.

You can select the parts you whant to remove and just hit delete. You won't be able to do heavy editing but for simple things is just right

Good luck!

Guys how about video cams? Say i want to do a above drum kit camera or headstock guitar camera for covers and such, what would you recommend? (on the cheaper side of things)

Kapo_Polenton said:
Guys how about video cams? Say i want to do a above drum kit camera or headstock guitar camera for covers and such, what would you recommend? (on the cheaper side of things)

All I can say is to get one that has a flash (if it has a camera option) and make sure you get one with a remote control....You wouldn't believe how useful that can be...Also get yourself a good tripod- they're not expensive...That's all you need...

I have a few but you can score some good Canon HG20s on Ebay for cheap and they do it all - and quite well....

Mysticalp said:
I think for what you want to do Virtualdub is enough.

You can select the parts you whant to remove and just hit delete. You won't be able to do heavy editing but for simple things is just right

Good luck!

That might be the answer! Thanks.

I have an Alesis Video Track ($69 on some special deal) and while the vid quality isn't all that great and I am questioning the sound also (could be user error) I don't have the tools to sync the audio and video.

I have a Flip HD and a Samsung (Something) 99 bucks, red camera. Shoots 1080 or 720P and takes super photos. Plus it is waterproof. Shoots up to like 10m underwater, not a selling point here, just a distinguishable feature so you know the camera I'm talking about when/if you look for it. I dig em both! Actually putting up some pics real soon from the Samsung...my RM100 gets here tomorrow!

Ok just found the box (camera's at work) Samsung HMX-W190 Ruggedized pocket cam. Boom. Note it uses Micro SD card (comes with 4GB)

Wow, just did a quick search.. wasn't aware this stuff was this affordable :

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-W190-5.5MP-HD-Pocket-Camcorder-Bundle-w-Bonus-4GB-Micro-SD-Card-2.3-LCD-Display-Waterproof-up-to-3M-Samsung-HMX-W190/17254382

I'm least concerned about audio because I'll just synch that with what I mic up after.

Yes^ I have a Kodak that is in the ballpark
Audio is good enough for home movies, sucks for quality audio, so syncing to external recording chain is a must

You'll probably spend more on a decent tripod, lol, these HD video cams are awesome. I recommend getting 1 killer shot on a tripod and not moving it- you can then have all kinds of edits to make it seem like there are a team of cameras- check out this video I made to practice this technique...though the video cam is older- not HD, but the one wide shot can give you plenty of single zoom shots (forgive the performance, lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is1OCqH8MSE

I'm downloading Blender 2.62. Hopefully by this weekend I will have a chance to use it & see what results I get...

1st attempt to do something simple was a complete failure. This program is not very user intuitive. Maybe I will need some directions. Ugh :? :x

Anybody have a link to a cheaper camera that will accept a mic (such as SM57) plugged directly into it?