A Randall XL dummy cab?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downrightproductions

Reaction score
While on the hunt for a cab, i have come across a Randall XL cab, but it is a "Dummy" cab, no holes for the speakers cut out, no handles installed and no jack on the back. Question is, has anyone come across these and are they the same contruction as the normal XL cabs? I know some companies, like Krank, sell them but they are not the same Krank construction in wood. I think Mesa also sells dummy cabs and i think they are the normal mesa workmanship, but is Randall using the same XL constuction on both the dummy and normall cabs?......and i would just cut out the holes for the speakers and handles, etc.....any info will help, thanks! I know its a shot in the dark question....

Just incase anyone else comes across one of these, the answer is they are not of the same specs as the normal XL cabs. Randall got back to my email.

Mattfig said:
Dummy cabs you say? Sounds like it's made specifically for me! Randall has been reading my letters! How do they sound?
HA! Silly,.....but they dont sound like anything since they are essentially a stage prop, no speakers, not even the holes cutout for the speakers.

Downrightproductions said:
Mattfig said:
Dummy cabs you say? Sounds like it's made specifically for me! Randall has been reading my letters! How do they sound?
HA! Silly,.....but they dont sound like anything since they are essentially a stage prop, no speakers, not even the holes cutout for the speakers.

You sure? I read that the dummy XL cabs are loaded with very light and small Celestion Nadas...They are supposed to be like a Vintage 30 minus the Vintage 30... :lol: