Egnater M4 new-extended

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frigolajm said:
I'll definitely take one. Just need a bit more info on how to hook up my processor without an effects loop. Also are the dual channel modules switchable via midi? Not switching between modules, but switching between channels.

Yes you can switch between channels on a given module via midi, or indeed from module 1 channel B to module 3 channel A etc.

In terms of effect loop, it a bit of a redundant question for rack gear like this as you would either place your effects before (think rack wha) or after (delay etc.) but before power amp.

If you want to do anything more advanced or to move the other units out of the signal path you would need a switching system like a Bradshaw or GCX system - depends on what you are trying to achieve - why not give us some idea and we can chip in our thoughts?

When I had an M4 awhile back, I just ran it straight through my processor (Intellifex or Lexicon MPX) and it worked just fine. Unless you are trying to do something crazy, I can't imagine why this wouldn't work.

SALVAGED said:
Hamner1... I can only imagine what the rig in your sig sounds like... :lol: 8) Very similar to what I'm currently using... :shock: :lol:

Great minds think alike. :lol:

Everyone got that notice. Unfortunately, the transformer supplier in Chicago dropped the ball. This has caused me to move to an alternate. Fortunately, my friends at Heyboer transformers in Michigan are going to save me. The Heyboer transformers cost quite a bit more but they are the best. I'm very sorry but this sort of stuff happens more often than you know in the music business. You also should have received a second email offering some consolation for your patience and loyalty. The wait is worth it.
Thanks!!

Thank you for chiming in Bruce. I think I only got the one email. I have no problem waiting.
It just seemed strange for 2 reasons; 1st I thought I used a different email than my AOL email, 2nd there was no chatter here about the delay.

Is this project dead in the water or is there an ETA? I'd like to consider it if there are units available, but it seems like it has become stalled.

I emailed Bruce yesterday, about a status update on the M4's... Here's his reply:

"M4s are being assembled as we speak while we wait for transformers. Could be another week or two before we have it all finished. Thanks for your patience."

Sounds like they're coming soon... just a little delayed.

Thanks for sharing Salvaged. Can't wait... then I can bug the heck out you guys with all my stoopid midi questions :lol:

I just realized it's been over 7 months, since I put my name in, to reserve one of these M4's... I have to admit, I've been tempted to move on, but I really REALLY want this thing. I hope it's worth the wait... someone PLEASE talk some sense into me, so I don't do something I'll regret (like an MTS sell-off or something). :cry:

SALVAGED said:
I just realized it's been over 7 months, since I put my name in, to reserve one of these M4's... I have to admit, I've been tempted to move on, but I really REALLY want this thing. I hope it's worth the wait... someone PLEASE talk some sense into me, so I don't do something I'll regret (like an MTS sell-off or something). :cry:

I love my M4! It will sound great with your 50/50 and be worth the wait.

Yeah I hear ya... Especially when you see a loaded RM4 go for less on ebay. Hope the dualies are worth the wait. Anyone receive theirs yet?

Got mine last week & so far I love it. I just need to hook upthe Control2 pedal to program & switch channels. Maybe today. :D