Egnater M4 new-extended

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bruce egnater said:
FYI. I am waiting for Dave, my mechanical engineer friend, who did all the sheet metal drawings. to send me the original CAD files. He is also going nuts with NAMM stuff and just hasn't got around to getting them to me. Soon I hope though probably not until after NAMM.

Yippy! It's really going to happen! Guess it's time to flip the RM100.

Hell, if the price point is right, I'd buy one. Especially if I'm making some parts for it. :lol:

Hi...I wrote the below in its own topic but remembered that people are talking desired features in the present topic, and thought it might be wise to put it here where it's more likely to be noticed. I'm not sure what it would take to create what I want but it seems to me that most of the electronics other than the power supply (presumably) are in the modules, so that parallel outputs at least for one preamp per dual-preamp module would not be all that difficult. Ideally, of course, there would be parallel outputs for all channels. So, here's what I wrote before:

"If I recall the M4 correctly, it's got a master volume and supplies a frame and power supply for the modules but is limited as to running modules and modules channels (on the two-channel modules) in parallel. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

I like the idea of a lot of the available modules, and the fact of the active modding community but normally run preamps in parallel because I like the sounds that I get that way much better usually.

Presently, I'm using rack preamps and the preamps from heads and combos (out the effects loops or slave outputs) for this. I was using a mixer but now have Switchblades to route and mix the preamp outputs.

I like the idea of the Egnater and mod modules but the lack of parallel access is a depressing limitation. There are a number of "preamp in a pedal" modules on the market that instantly allow parallel use (Bogner Red and Blue are popular lately) but racking pedals is inelegant, the selection of preamps and mods/modders is not as good as with an M4, and all the pedal housings and unneeded foot-controls add a lot of unnecessary weight.

Ideally, modules should have MIDI control of all parameters, but I'd at least be fairly happy if they could be housed in a rack frame that would supply power and whatever else is needed while simply providing parallel outputs for all channels. Has anyone created a way to do this, or at least achieved a way to allow parallel output for each module (rather than for each channel of each two-channel module)? A phase switch at each output would be nice.

Many thanks..."

How do i get on this list for a mew M4 dual channel ..I was going to buy a RM4 but would much rather have the Egnater M4 is there a number to call or something..

Or should i just P.M or E mail Bruce Egnater...

This just made my day if true...

CeeCee said:
How do i get on this list for a mew M4 dual channel ..I was going to buy a RM4 but would much rather have the Egnater M4 is there a number to call or something..

Or should i just P.M or E mail Bruce Egnater...

This just made my day if true...

Email Bruce at BEgnater AT aol.com

Has not been forgotten. Taking a long time to get quotes for all the parts....and throw NAMM in the middle!?!? Should have firm answers soon. Wouldn't hurt to email me again soon for updates.
Thanks
Bruce
[email protected]

Hi, I am a new member of this board.

I am extremely interested in the M4 batch. So much so I registered here in hopes of being part of it.

I just emailed Bruce about my interest.
Anything else to do at this point?

I have always wanted to get M4 however funds were not available when it was. I have several fond memories of hearing a friend's IE4 at gig volumes through a VHT 2150. The tone was incredible.

Any way I am excited in the hopes of getting an M4.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Cheers,

Tom

ZeroFiveFour said:

I am extremely interested in the M4 batch. So much so I registered here in hopes of being part of it.

I have always wanted to get M4 however funds were not available when it was. I have several fond memories of hearing a friend's IE4 at gig volumes through a VHT 2150. The tone was incredible.

Cheers,

Tom

Hey Tom - don't think there is anything else to be done at this point as long as you've registered you interest to Bruce at his email address! By the sounds of it he's getting quotes etc. in place.

webrthomson said:
ZeroFiveFour said:

Cheers,

Tom

Hey Tom - don't think there is anything else to be done at this point as long as you've registered you interest to Bruce at his email address! By the sounds of it he's getting quotes etc. in place.

webrthomson

Thanks for the reply. That is good to hear.

Cheers,

Tom

The limited run of Egnater M4 preamps is about to become reality. The M4, without modules, will sell direct only for $700USD. It will be identical to the latest dual sound version that we stopped producing a couple of years ago. Expect to start shipping late May 2013. This will be a very limited run that will be pretty much the number of commitments/prepayments we get between now and March 10, 2013. To get in on this, you must submit full payment of $725 (includes ground shipping in the US) as a check or MO to Bruce Egnater, or a Paypal GIFT (so no fees) to my Paypal address at [email protected]. Please email me at [email protected] if you have questions.

bruce egnater said:
The limited run of Egnater M4 preamps is about to become reality. The M4, without modules, will sell direct only for $700USD. It will be identical to the latest dual sound version that we stopped producing a couple of years ago. Expect to start shipping late May 2013. This will be a very limited run that will be pretty much the number of commitments/prepayments we get between now and March 10, 2013. To get in on this, you must submit full payment of $725 (includes ground shipping in the US) as a check or MO to Bruce Egnater, or a Paypal GIFT (so no fees) to my Paypal address at [email protected]. Please email me at [email protected] if you have questions.

Bruce,

is your paypal address as listed above. It appears you may have mistyped it as [email protected] and not [email protected]

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

man I wish I could get in on this, but I cant quite swing a new price for one ATM. Guess I had better take a look at my hoard and see what I can live without. I love Bob1's idea of individual outs, if I understand it correctly. I am looking at my new-old 1996 Carvin Quad-X preamp and I am thinking "boy the versatility of this is just off the charts...but I wish this channel sounded different."

For those not comfortable with buying gear through a forum, I noticed that bruce has an eBay ad for preorders too. If I were ordering one then I am not sure I would add another level of silliness on par with ebay to the mix, but thats just me.

I don't think there is any need for the eBay option - I've had many dealings with Bruce and have always found him to be a true gentleman of his word - on time and to what was promised every time without fail!