• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Got this pleasent message from an ebay buyer today

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez, sorry to hear Balou. This guy sounds like an idiot.

I've bought equipment from people on this forum, and I've had some of it arrive with a few packing peanuts in the board. No biggie. I picked them out in less than a minute. The whole "Take it to a tech" thing is just bogus.

It's too bad you can't leave him a negative. I really wish eBay would change their rules.

Balou

I'm going to need $20.00 for punitive damages that I have received reading this thread :D

Aaronharmon said:
Balou

I'm going to need $20.00 for punitive damages that I have received reading this thread :D

If he has no negative Feedback, and you haven't left him feedback, then sit back and wait it out. he isn't likely to ding you for peanuts and if he does, ding him back and post how ridculous he was to deal with.

Jimmie

I have to be honest, I don't like shipping peanuts crammed into every nook and cranny of an amp I buy. To solve this problem, wrap the amp in a large plastic bag, give it a couple of twists. Place a substantial layer of peanuts in the bottom of the box, place the amp into the box then fill the sides and top with peanuts - if thats all you have. I prefer to save styrofoam, cut it to the exact lengths to cover amps or other heavy electronic items I ship. tape up the box - but it doesn't end there, now find an even larger box and double box your shippment. I recently purchased a Suhr guitar, and the seller triple boxed it before he sent it. when I received it, a large gaping hole went through the first two layers of thick cardboard but stopped short of destroying one of the most amazing guitars I have had the pleasure to play, let alone, own.

Jimmie

wow this pushes a button for me ha. I totally stopped using eBay now which is too bad for both of us really. Reason #1 was when they started their new "if you have sold less than a hundred widgets then you are considered a possibly bad guy" policy. I had sold dozens of guitars and amps. I had bought dozens of guitars and amps. I used PayPal [ebay owned] and was a verified person. They had all my bank information including my password [their process, you can change it once they verify you] for gawds sake. I had 100% feedback for almost 10 years with comments like "better than expected" and "best ever" etc. Then I sell an expensive guitar one day and they tell me I have to give the buyer what amounts to a free test drive for a few days. I'm not sending an expensive guitar across the country for someone to "check it out" for a few days, lose it, damage it, or tell me it got stolen. Are you kidding me. Hell no. And the best part is the buyer was a noob with like 2 transactions under his belt. They have a 10 year glowing relationship with me, have made hundreds if not thousands in profits from me and have one of my bank accounts passwords and I'm the risk? F eBay!

Then the buyer says the same thing as yours, except no ransom request. I point out the auction states due to the value of the guitar a signature will be required. "What a hassle, I have to come home from work" blah blah. Who the hell is going to send a guitar or anything for that matter and say "sure, just leave in on the guys porch". Unbelieveable, but then if the guy does not have to pay me for a few days later what is his risk. NADA! Good bye eBay.

+1
same for me, 10 + years , 1350+ great feedback and I'm getting ready to dump them too, for the same reasons.