Have You Seen This Video?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaled

Reaction score
Michael Amott from Arch Enemy has a little video deal about his live rig on youtube. I guess his Ninja V2 wasn't cutting it for him. Hopefully, this is relatively new news.

Here's The Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZQmZFphtk

OR Just Search "Randall TV"

Thats pretty funny. I know he was using rm100s before the v2 ninja was released and i couldnt imagine him switching like that. I bet he wanted a signature rm100 but randall probably wanted to promote the v2.

Top 3 high gainers:

Grail(modded with 0.001uF), KH-3(stock) and Ultra/UltraXL (modded with 0.001uF)

Can't really choose between 'em...different enough tones to inspire different playing from me...love the variety.

I wonder if/how/who mods these pro dude's modules, if at all. I like how the recording in the background, which is off Doomsday Machine, was recorded with a dual rec and krank revolution. Too bad they don't actually show how his rig sounds.

I've heard it from like 4 different people all different type of gain/music types.
Ultra XL for leads.

Need to get one I believe

JKD said:
Top 3 high gainers:

Grail(modded with 0.001uF), KH-3(stock) and Ultra/UltraXL (modded with 0.001uF)

Can't really choose between 'em...different enough tones to inspire different playing from me...love the variety.

No way, i eq'd my 1086 to were it's heavier then all three of those.

1086 is my vote.

BTW....u get my PM?

And i think its kind of bullshit that Ammot has a signature head out from randall and he's not using it. That's kinda like...hey buy this ****....but im not using it. Takes away from the whole point. lynch USES his ****. I still have a tough time believe hammet uses his stuff. WTF is that about from ammot. Kind of a slap in the face for whoever bought the ammot head in search of his tone.

I've seen Lynch three times since the Randall deal and Have yet to see him EVER use that Lynch Box.
When I saw him 3+ weeks ago he at leasst had it plugged in with the lights on this time.

NO cab either he uses his Hiwatt cabs.

I agree on the Armott thing, why do a signature head and use another head from the line.

Although I love the fact that he actually using it.

Someone said that one of his vintage amps went out in a gig, so he was 'forced' to use the Lynhc box at least once..LOL

Dunno what the big deal is..it's a great sounding amp..why he'd chose to risk one of his precious amps and not an off the shelf, replaceable LB is beyond me...especially as 99% of the audience won't even hear the difference at the volumes he plays at ;)

I would have loved to see that show just to see how it sounded.

I went to one of the Sam Ash cliincs and he used the ESP LTD Tiger copy right off the shelf and the Lynch Box. I thought he sounded good.

I like this Sam Ash one here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDIrJ7NNwmY

I think most of these famous musicians (like George Lynch) have developed their sound through certain amps that they will never be able to get away from. They will always go back to the tried and true classics (like Lynch's vintage Marshalls) to get the tone even if they go so far as to come up with their own amp. This is all in the hope that these artists actually develop amps they WOULD perform with, if they hadn't been using another amp for their whole careers. ALSO, if these artists are that loaded, they can afford to play the originals that MTS tries to mimic.

Hopefully, Hammet will use his MTS stuff live but something tells me he won't. At least Michael Amott still uses Randall