Hilly Scorch !!! Holy Shiznit!!!!!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just fired up my Scorch and I must concur with the party line. This thing is indeed the shiznit and then some.

A thundering but controlled bass and a huge amount of tonal control on the pots. Amazingly it has a beautifully toneful clean when the guitar volume is set a bees dick away from 'off'.

Mine has the bright switch, but it doesn't sound like it does much, maybe a very slight tonal change, but nothing earth shattering.

Mine isn't going anywhere either!

Mattfig said:
Here she is...

IMG_0605.jpg

Yep, tried a Snorkeler too and it was really good...Just too marshally for me and I have Marshall tone more than covered already...

As for the Scorch....When I say recto, I guess I kinda mean Mesa in general...I've not had a lot of experience with the Mark Series so I'm sure the tone is somewhere in between....It's just the very best parts of Mesa and Marshall tone combined - to give a better description of it...Totally cool as is the Snorkeler...

Edited to add: That is NOT how I set up my Scorch module...I just switched the knobs and the gain has no need to be dimed... :)

Cool. Thanks, Matt!

Jeff Hilligan said:
SacredGroove said:
Looks cool with knobs in its final state. I noticed there's no Bright switch, or can I just not see it?

I pulled it out as Matt seems to be deaf as s*&t and needs more treble than the average player so I put a ton of it in the treble knob since this thing has so much gain the addition of a bright switch is not noticeable to the tone!
:lol: My friend Steve is the EXACT same way! He put a 1000pf Silver Mica in the treble cap of his module's tone stack, cranks the treble knob, and turns his presence up super high xD

He's a killer dude though and the tone works for him :) I still turn the treble knob down a tad every now and then when he's not looking ;)

I like how much flexibility there is the mids...can get nice and fuzzy scooped or really start to open up around 1 o'clock.

Try this for fun....roll the bass below 11 o'clock...the gain up to just where it starts to thicken...mids and treble to taste (1 o'clock and straight up is good)

... killer vintage type tone but with a thicker gain structure....sounds wicked on glissando type licks

I just ordered one too. After Matt's great review and the clip on YouTuber....forget about it. You should kick Matt some beers for the great review. Or create the Mattfig Model? :)

guitarzan said:
I just ordered one too. After Matt's great review and the clip on YouTuber....forget about it. You should kick Matt some beers for the great review. Or create the Mattfig Model? :)

Were or what is it listed under on you boob?

I just got mine last night from Jeff and I was blown away. The low end is thick and tight. The mids are huge and the top has a real nice bite to it. This thing blows away all my other mdules. I have a SL+, XTC, 1086, Friedman Plexi Brown Eye, Voodoo Rectumfrier, Scary, and this thing just crushes them. Outsanding work Jeff!! :)

guitarzan said:
I just got mine last night from Jeff and I was blown away. The low end is thick and tight. The mids are huge and the top has a real nice bite to it. This thing blows away all my other mdules. I have a SL+, XTC, 1086, Friedman Plexi Brown Eye, Voodoo Rectumfrier, Scary, and this thing just crushes them. Outsanding work Jeff!! :)

Glad it meets your needs!

guitarzan said:

Agreed...I still can't get over how good this module sounds...It truly is unique and that is a rare thing in MTS world....I mean many modded modules have their place but sometimes overlap a bit much...Not Scorch....That mofo delivers a serious dose of brutality...So much articulate gain, such good tone...Can't go wrong with this one at all...

Hell, it's been a month or so for me and it's still love...That must mean something :) Plus, I've realized it has much more of a Mesa Mark tone than Recto (although they are similar) mixed in with Marshall goodness...Great for chugging along or leads...

Jeff, you rock!

**** it guys...
I am so confused with what to get for my RM100. There are so many killer options and I'm sure they are all really good. I wish I could afford to buy them all, but I just can't afford that. Therefore, I have to be pretty selective with what I buy. I got a KH3 that is really cool as a gain module and is basically a Marshall with a twist of Mesa. I wonder if the Scorch would be a better version of that sort of thing. The rave reviews of this module have my interest piqued. For Fig to go a whole month without selling a module is a testament to it's tastiness.
Do they have a chewing gum or patch to help deal with GAS?
Maybe a powder you mix with water...
:lol:

Hey Daryl,

I have a little leaf that you can smoke that will make GAS more tolerable....Of course, it occasionally causes you to wake up in the AM, log in, and see you purchased two new mods overnight right between your first and second trip to McDonald's...:)

8)

LMAO!!! :lol:
So what you are saying is that there are herbal supplements that I can take?
The side effects sound delicious. :lol:

Yo Daryl! Pull the trigger on the Scorch...the KH-3 can't touch it. This is my first Hilly mod and will most likely not be the last.

cold Machine said:
Yo Daryl! Pull the trigger on the Scorch...the KH-3 can't touch it. This is my first Hilly mod and will most likely not be the last.

I'll take this as you like the Scorch!

Fine...
I'm probably going to need to sell off some stuff to get it but,
I PM'd Jeff about the Scorch...
Are you guys happy now?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My Scorch just landed and is warming up from it's journey on the FedEx truck. I hope it delivers because I traded a favorite module of mine to get it.

My Scorch arrived last week and I thought that the shipping gods may have forsaken me and shaken something loose. It just wasn't right. I sent it to Jeff and he finds it to be working great! I must not have screwed it in all the way or something.

Just waiting for it to arrive back to me now. I bought back the module that I traded for it too.

eyeball987 said:
My Scorch arrived last week and I thought that the shipping gods may have forsaken me and shaken something loose. It just wasn't right. I sent it to Jeff and he finds it to be working great! I must not have screwed it in all the way or something.

Just waiting for it to arrive back to me now. I bought back the module that I traded for it too.

Gave it a good going over! She is ready to rip! I found the best combination with this module is a Tung sol in V1 and a sovtek in 2! Just for info!

Latest posts