Idea for a ZL+ Zakk Lead module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not that the orange is bad, i like the color but it makes it a bit too busy.

I would drop the contrast on the background by making the ivory a 70-80% gray and with black circles, keep the orange letters, and use ivory knobs to bring that scheme back in.

As it currently is, the contrast between the ivory and black is greater than the contrast of the orange/black and therefore it commands more attention.

But hey, its just a faceplate you and i may be artists but i bet the rest of the board couldnt care less haha. It still looks pretty cool.

That's AWESOME 8) I kinda like the orange font actually.

It would also be pretty badass to have a "Buzzsaw" type face plate like his black and orange LP. I always kinda dug that design :)

m0jo said:
@Shinozoku: Awesome man! :D I was aiming it more at the lead sound, but it would be a slightly better choice over the SL-1 for rythm as well! :)
I have to ask though, EVH clean??
While playing around with his old GNX4 we came across something apparently labeled EVH or Brown that happened to be a clean tone. Baffled me too, but it fit :lol:

m0jo said:
Normally my girlfriend helps out with colourproblems, but she's fast asleep. ;) Personally I like the orange, but then again I'm dutch so I have some weird predisposition for that..
Yeah, girls have better feel for colours usually. Men don?t believe that apricot is colour :)
I?m not dutch, and I really don?t understand to orange colour obsession ....my rig ;) http://paladran.com/files/orange10.jpg

If I choose, still prefer B&W ZL+, this is one step from great final result. Or maybe complete buzzsaw look.... but again, these are only comments, nothing more.

hyenik said:
m0jo said:
Normally my girlfriend helps out with colourproblems, but she's fast asleep. ;) Personally I like the orange, but then again I'm dutch so I have some weird predisposition for that..
Yeah, girls have better feel for colours usually. Men don?t believe that apricot is colour :)
I?m not dutch, and I really don?t understand to orange colour obsession ....my rig ;) http://paladran.com/files/orange10.jpg

If I choose, still prefer B&W ZL+, this is one step from great final result. Or maybe complete buzzsaw look.... but again, these are only comments, nothing more.
Nice rig!

I think it should either be full orange+black BuzzSaw background with white text or something (that would work well actually) or black and white..

Maybe I can pull the bullseyes down a but, make them like grey on ivory..

Okay, two possibilities:

1. Bullseye graphics at 60%, text jumps out more, all text white. Still need a better font for ZL+ ;)
zw1zakklead10bw2copy.jpg

2. Orange background with buzzsaw graphics (this is just a test so I'm not going to go through the trouble of doing those).
Text white. This colourpallete is actually much easier to work with, but it's still a bit busy.
zw1zakklead10orcopy.jpg

I think the orange diverts too much from the bullseyes which should be the first thing to jump out. (I even considered putting the wagener glow-in-the-dark behind it ^^)

I think the orange diverts too much from the bullseyes which should be the first thing to jump out. (I even considered putting the wagener glow-in-the-dark behind it ^^)

I personally like the most first 2 colour - black/ivory.
Glow in the dark should look great too!
I have GLOW IN THE DARK background option for all faceplates now.

Yeah, this situation I like..... both version looks good for me!
just two nanodetails - gain move a bit to the left (centre of knob) and ZakkLead go away, someone with same gothic font, and That Is It.

So B&W is purer design of course (only two colours etc), but orange for dutch, why not.

PS: I?m not sure about glow in the dark, it has light green shade....

mw.JPG

But if you want some optical effect, good choice can be reflective white as on Phish. Looks cool too.

phish_1.JPG

Hmm, the glow in the dark was just a cool idea (because in the dark you'd have the bullseye pattern come to life). But I'd rather just keep the background ivory coloured.
I think it's very cool that you guys are actually into this, it will take a while before I can order though. But it's a great motivator working my *** off! ;)

So the final design for now: ("Someone" would then be Salvation of course ;) )
zw1zakklead10bw5copy.jpg

These are the best Z and L's I could find for the ZL .. the Z is mostly problematic, but when I order it I'll put some more effort into finding a good one or making one myself. :)

Shinozoku said:
How about the gold faceplate like on Zakk's 2203's? Same bullseyes, but a classic gold Marshall background :)

Well yeah but personally I don't really like the gold ;)
Especially the plexi is very ugly and cheap-looking IMO.

So I prefer broken white like the guitars and pedal ;)
Maybe a metal background would be cool though, just silver coloured..

But this is all my opinion of course, I can see why other people would like it gold. ;)

You know, m0jo...

Your design is great. I didn't see one version I DIDN'T like.

But seeing all these cool designs that obviously talented individuals are making, gives me some new ideas and some cool designs that (to me) would be so much cooler than anything I've seen yet.
But again, look at my signature...it would be older rock groups that I'd be paying homage to.
Just as example, using the old Black Sabbath or KISS logo.

I'm just saying.... :D

guitarcomet said:
You know, m0jo...

Your design is great. I didn't see one version I DIDN'T like.

But seeing all these cool designs that obviously talented individuals are making, gives me some new ideas and some cool designs that (to me) would be so much cooler than anything I've seen yet.
But again, look at my signature...it would be older rock groups that I'd be paying homage to.
Just as example, using the old Black Sabbath or KISS logo.

I'm just saying.... :D
Thanks man! If you want something designed just give me a shout, we can work something out! ;)

I'm one of those 20 year olds who listen to 80s metal and stuff, so your idea isn't wasted on me. ;) Maybe it's the age thing? Young people will by generalisation like younger bands, and young people tend to be more proficiant when it comes to computer use..

That said, I'm not really that into signature stuff at all. Most of the time it's blowing smoke anyways (like Lynch, it's great stuff, but he doens't really use it). I just liked one over the top designed lead module for that style (since my style is heavily influenced by it).

KISS is .. not the right word to say to me though ;) can't stand 'em!

Oh, please...KISS was a band I was into when I was in my early teens, BEFORE I started playing guitar.
I stopped liking KISS after 1975/76.
But I know some guys still like that stuff.

And BTW, I'm fairly good with Photoshop myself (pretty good for a 47 year old man), just not a good as you :lol: !
But I have a few ideas...just no extra cash at the moment. :roll: (like most people)

m0jo said:
Shinozoku said:
How about the gold faceplate like on Zakk's 2203's? Same bullseyes, but a classic gold Marshall background :)

Well yeah but personally I don't really like the gold ;)
Especially the plexi is very ugly and cheap-looking IMO.

So I prefer broken white like the guitars and pedal ;)
Maybe a metal background would be cool though, just silver coloured..

But this is all my opinion of course, I can see why other people would like it gold. ;)
Well, Zakk DOES have a metallic silver/black bullseye guitar ;) Although were I to get one I'd probably get the gold :lol:

m0jo said:
Hmm, the glow in the dark was just a cool idea (because in the dark you'd have the bullseye pattern come to life). But I'd rather just keep the background ivory coloured.
I think it's very cool that you guys are actually into this, it will take a while before I can order though. But it's a great motivator working my *** off! ;)

So the final design for now: ("Someone" would then be Salvation of course ;) )
zw1zakklead10bw5copy.jpg

These are the best Z and L's I could find for the ZL .. the Z is mostly problematic, but when I order it I'll put some more effort into finding a good one or making one myself. :)

That looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

:oops: Thank you! :D

It will be ordered next month I think :) I hate it when saving up takes longer than expected :(

Latest posts